1) Prepare, rewrite and edit copy to improve readability, or supervise others who do this work.
2) Read copy or proof to detect and correct errors in spelling, punctuation, and syntax.
3) Allocate print space for story text, photos, and illustrations according to space parameters and copy significance, using knowledge of layout principles.
4) Plan the contents of publications according to the publication's style, editorial policy, and publishing requirements.
5) Verify facts, dates, and statistics, using standard reference sources.
6) Review and approve proofs submitted by composing room prior to publication production.
7) Develop story or content ideas, considering reader or audience appeal.
8) Oversee publication production, including artwork, layout, computer typesetting, and printing, ensuring adherence to deadlines and budget requirements.
9) Confer with management and editorial staff members regarding placement and emphasis of developing news stories.
10) Assign topics, events and stories to individual writers or reporters for coverage.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATION;
1) Reading Comprehension -- Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
2) Writing -- Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
3) Active Listening -- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
4) Critical Thinking -- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
5) Time Management -- Managing one's own time and the time of others.
6) Judgment and Decision Making -- Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
7) Active Learning -- Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
8) Coordination -- Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
9) Speaking -- Talking to others to convey information effectively.
10) Monitoring -- Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
The Minimum Academic Requirement is HND in Editorial writing,Film making and other related fields.
MODE OF APPLICATION ;
Qualified applicants should forward their CV or Cover letter to havannahlogistics @gmail.com or send Name, Qualification, Post applying for, Mobile number, to the mobile number in this advert. Not abiding by this, will lead to TOTAL disqualification only Shortlisted applicants will be contacted