The operations manager’s responsibility is very crucial in a business. The operations manager is in charge of ensuring that the different departments in the company follow through with the plans and devises he/she makes for the business’s success. An operations manager directs the activities of the various departments in the company and is concerned with pricing, sales, production and distribution of the company’s products. He/she also organizes the goods that come in and out of the facility.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• The operations manager is responsible for managing the employees, creating their work schedules and distributing their duties.
• He/she decides employment requirements as well as interviews and hires the prospective employees.
• An operations manager also trains the newly hired employees, manages all the activities that are associated with the production of the products the company offers, and decides, locates and acquires merchandise for resale.
• He/she is also responsible for managing the performance of the employees such as sales promotions, coordinating with different division leads, planning the layout and design of the store, and setting the prices and credit terms, as well as identifies goods and services to be sold. • Operations managers also look for good commercial locations where the company can put up a store for their new services, supervise the remodeling of current the amenities and represent the company during client meetings and negotiations.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements
• To become a successful operations manager, one must be a team player who is creative and can inspire their co-workers.
• He/she must be able to handle problems in a calm and collected manner, even when under pressure.
• They should be good in multi-tasking and must be a risk taker.
• They must be effective communicators who can write and speak well.
• Leadership skills are necessary.
• Self Control.
• Stress Tolerance.
• Attention to Detail.
• Concern for Others.
• Analytical Thinking.
An operations manager is usually found in an office. Depending on their workload, they can work from 40-60 hours a week. They may need to represent the company where they work at in different places such as conferences, meetings, and seminars.
Education and Training Requirements
• An operations manager should have obtained a bachelor’s degree in operations management or any related field.
• He must also have gone through courses that are related to business administration.
• Employers prefer candidates that have a master’s degree that focuses on management.
Mode of Application
• Interested candidates should forward their CV details to hrm.sigmaegisconcepts @gmail.com
• Candidates can also opt to send their Fullnames, Date of Birth, Current contact address, Valid phone number, Age, Years of experience and Job applying for to 08123339184
• Candidates can also opt to send their Fullnames, Date of Birth, Current contact address, Valid phone number, Age, Years of experience and Job applying for to the advert message box.
• Candidates should comply with all requirements and instructions enlisted failure to do so will lead to AUTOMATIC disqualification.
• Candidates should only call the phone number attached to the advert daily during working hours of 8am-4pm (Monday-Saturday).
• Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted