Basic Job Summary:
Directly supervise and coordinate activities of horticultural workers both in offices or residential homes. They perform both supervisory and management functions, such as accounting, marketing, and personnel work, and may also engage in the same horticultural work as the workers they supervise.
Duties and Tasks:
* Assigns workers to duties, such as cultivation, harvesting, maintenance, grading and packing products, or altering greenhouse environmental conditions.
* Estimates work-hour requirements to plant, cultivate, or harvest, and prepares work schedule.
* Confers with management to report conditions, plan planting and harvesting schedules, and to discuss changes in fertilizer, herbicides, or cultivating techniques.
* Drives and operates heavy machinery, such as dump truck, tractor, or growth-media tiller, to transport materials and supplies.
* Maintains records of employees' hours worked, and work completed.
* Prepares and submits written or oral reports of personnel actions, such as performance evaluations, hires, promotions, and discipline.
* Trains employees in horticultural techniques, such as transplanting and weeding, shearing and harvesting trees, and grading and packing flowers.
* Inspects facilities to determine maintenance needs, such as malfunctioning environmental-control system, clogged sprinklers, or missing glass panes in greenhouse.
* Observes plants, flowers, shrubs, and trees in greenhouses, cold frames, or fields to ascertain condition.
* Reads inventory records, customer orders, and shipping schedules to ascertain day's activities.
* Reviews employees' work to ascertain quality and quantity of work performed.
* Identifying Objects, Actions, and Events -- Identifying information by categorizing, estimating, recognizing differences or similarities, and detecting changes in circumstances or events.
* Getting Information -- Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
* Making Decisions and Solving Problems -- Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
* Inspecting Equipment, Structures, or Material -- Inspecting equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects.
* Estimating the Quantifiable Characteristics of Products, Events, or Information -- Estimating sizes, distances, and quantities; or determining time, costs, resources, or materials needed to perform a work activity.
* Monitor Processes, Materials, or Surroundings -- Monitoring and reviewing information from materials, events, or the environment, to detect or assess problems.
* Coordinating the Work and Activities of Others -- Getting members of a group to work together to accomplish tasks.
* Guiding, Directing, and Motivating Subordinates -- Providing guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
* Judging the Qualities of Things, Services, or People -- Assessing the value, importance, or quality of things or people.
* Analyzing Data or Information -- Identifying the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
* Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates -- Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
* Scheduling Work and Activities -- Scheduling events, programs, and activities, as well as the work of others.
* Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work -- Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
* Performing General Physical Activities -- Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
* Handling and Moving Objects -- Using hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, and moving materials, and manipulating things.
* Documenting/Recording Information -- Entering, transcribing, recording, storing, or maintaining information in written or electronic/magnetic form.
* Updating and Using Relevant Knowledge -- Keeping up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
Skills And Abilities:
* Coordination -- Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
* Time Management -- Managing one's own time and the time of others.
* Management of Personnel Resources -- Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
* Instructing -- Teaching others how to do something.
* Reading Comprehension -- Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
* Speaking -- Talking to others to convey information effectively.
* Critical Thinking -- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
* Active Listening -- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
* Writing -- Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the workers.
* Equipment Selection -- Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
* Management of Material Resources -- Obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do certain work.
* Oral Expression -- The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
* Oral Comprehension -- The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
* Written Comprehension -- The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
* Problem Sensitivity -- The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
* Deductive Reasoning -- The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
* Speech Clarity -- The ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
* Number Facility -- The ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly and correctly.
* Information Ordering -- The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations).
* Control Precision -- The ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine or a vehicle to exact positions.
* Written Expression -- The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
Knowledge And Experience Required:
* Administration and Management -- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
* Biology -- Knowledge of plant and animal organisms, their tissues, cells, functions, interdependencies, and interactions with each other and the environment.
* Personnel and Human Resources -- Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems.
* Food Production -- Knowledge of techniques and equipment for planting, growing, and harvesting food products (both plant and animal) for consumption, including storage/handling techniques.
Minimum of OND/HND/BSc qualification in either: Plant Science, Agricultural Science, Botany and other relevant field of study. Minimum of 2-4years of working experience in various place is also important.
Mode of Application
• Interested candidates should forward their CV details to philyarkintegrated @gmail.com
• Candidates can also opt to send their Fullnames, Date of Birth, Current contact address, Valid phone number, Age, Years of experience and Job applying for to 07063729232
• Candidates can also opt to send their Fullnames, Date of Birth, Current contact address, Valid phone number, Age, Years of experience and Job applying for to the advert message box.
• Candidates should comply with all requirements and instructions enlisted failure to do so will lead to AUTOMATIC disqualification.
• Candidates should only call the phone number attached to the advert daily during working hours of 8am-4pm (Monday-Saturday).
• Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted