1) Confer with sales and management executives or with clients in order to discuss design ideas.
2) Determine prices for styles.
3) Develop a group of products and/or accessories, and market them through venues such as boutiques or mail-order catalogs.
4) Direct and coordinate workers involved in drawing and cutting patterns and constructing samples or finished garments.
5) Identify target markets for designs, looking at factors such as age, gender, and socioeconomic status.
6) Provide sample garments to agents and sales representatives, and arrange for showings of sample garments at sales meetings or fashion show.
7) Purchase new or used clothing and accessory items as needed to complete designs.
8) Read scripts and consult directors and other production staff in order to develop design concepts and plan productions.
9) Research the styles and periods of clothing needed for film or theatrical production.
10) Sew together sections of material to form mockups or samples of garments or articles, using sewing equipment.
11) Visit textile showrooms to keep up-to-date on the latest fabrics.
12) Test fabrics or oversee testing so that garment care labels can be created.
13) Attend fashion shows and review garment magazines and manuals in order to gather information about fashion trends and consumer preferences.
14) Design custom clothing and accessories for individuals, retailers, or theatrical, television, or film productions.
15) Draw patterns for articles designed; then cut patterns, and cut material according to patterns, using measuring instruments and scissors.
16) Examine sample garments on and off models; then modify designs to achieve desired effects.
17) Select materials and production techniques to be used for products.
18) Sketch rough and detailed drawings of apparel or accessories, and write specifications such as color schemes, construction, material types, and accessory requirements.
19) Adapt other designers' ideas for the mass market.
20) Collaborate with other designers to coordinate special products and designs.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENT;
A good eye for colour, texture and shape.
An understanding of the characteristics of fabrics and how they can be used.
Technical skills such as pattern cutting and sewing.
The ability to spot and develop trends.
The ability to use computer design packages.
SSCE, OND , HND, BSC, in marketing ,human relation ,business management, accounting or other related area.
MODE OF APPLICATION;
Intrested applicant should forward their details or CV if they have to mgt.greatmindsventures @gmail.com or send names, qualification,mobile no, and post applying to the message box or mobile no attached in this advert