This is skilled carpentry work involving the supervision of a group of building construction journeymen engaged in the construction, alteration, maintenance, and repair of campus structures and fixtures.
An employee allocated to this class of work is responsible for supervising the work of employees engaged in carpentry, bricklaying, and locksmith work for the repair, alteration, maintenance, construction, and installation of all types of wooden, brick, and concrete block structures and equipment. Assignments are received in writing and orally and include drawings and blue prints for construction and alteration projects. Work is performed under general direction of an administrative superior and is reviewed through inspection while in progress and upon completion.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Plans, organizes, schedules, supervises, and inspects the work of skilled and semi-skilled subordinates engaged in repair, alteration, and construction project work requiring the services of carpenters, brick masons, and locksmiths.
• Inspects buildings or other structures and items reported to be in need of repair; considers need for repair and estimated time and materials; requisitions materials and supplies.
• Supervises the repair and installation of door, cabinet, and drawer locks.
• Establishes standards for safety and performance for subordinates and inspects quantity and quality of work against these standards.
• Lays out work as specified in drawings and blue prints.
• Maintains and reports material, labor, and time costs.
Performs related work as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Thorough knowledge of the standard methods, equipment, materials, tools, and practices of the carpentry, brick mason, and locksmith trades. Thorough knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the construction trades.
• Ability to effectively supervise skilled workers.
• Ability to interpret and work from penciled sketches, drawings, plans, and blue prints.
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
• Ability to make and project material and labor estimates.
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in writing and orally.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and other university personnel.
• Skill in the use of standard tools and equipment of the trades.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Graduation from a standard high school or vocational school and experience as a journeyman carpenter, including some supervisory experience; or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
Mode of Application
• Interested candidates should forward their CV details to hrm.sigmaegisconcepts @gmail.com
• Candidates can also opt to send their Fullnames, Date of Birth, Current contact address, Valid phone number, Age, Years of experience and Job applying for to 08*********
• Candidates can also opt to send their Fullnames, Date of Birth, Current contact address, Valid phone number, Age, Years of experience and Job applying for to the advert message box.
• Candidates should comply with all requirements and instructions enlisted failure to do so will lead to AUTOMATIC disqualification.
• Candidates should only call the phone number attached to the advert daily during working hours of 8am-4pm (Monday-Saturday).
• Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted