Our Client, a large and reputable organization in Nigeria requires the services of a Chief Security Officer for its physical and Information Technology security.
Note, your equivalent titles for this position include chief information officer and chief technology officer.
Duties and Responsibilities
• As a company executive, a chief security officer may also be the public spokesperson for all information security-related company issues.
• Carry out risk assessments and make recommendations to senior management,
• Assess level of risk in terms of wider issues such as international/national terrorism and animal rights issues.
• Ensure that reports are analysed in terms of trends emerging to inform decisions on
Cost effective deploymentof staff, CCTV etc.
• Accountable for the security budget and efficient and effective provision of operational security service.
• Support Teams and Premises Managers in order to facilitate an integrated service.
• Ensure ‘Security by Design’ principles are in place thus reducing the opportunity for crime
Work with the Head of Protocol and others .
• Advise Senior Management on confidential or sensitive matters and act as a conduit between the organisation and the police at all levels in order to expedite solutions to difficult situations.
• Receive and deal with any information that has a security dimension and deal with this in a confidential manner.
•Devise policies and procedures regarding areas such as business continuity planning, loss prevention and fraud prevention, and privacy.
• Oversee and coordinate security efforts across the company, including information technology, human resources, communications, legal, facilities management and other groups.
• Identify security initiatives and standards.
• Oversee network of vendors and directors who secure the company's assets.
• Oversee safeguarding of intellectual property and computer systems.
• Develop procedures to ensure physical safety of employees and visitors.
• Manage the development and implementation of global security policy, standards, guidelines and procedures.
• Ensure security is maintained and updated.
• Create workplace violence awareness and prevention programs.
• Implement video surveillance.
• Prioritize security initiatives.
• Develop network access and monitoring policies.
• Maintain relationships with local, state and federal law enforcement and other related government agencies.
• Develop emergency procedures and incident responses.
• Investigate security breaches.
• Implement disciplinary procedures.
• Conduct audits to find holes in security platform.
• Develop risk management assessments.
• Create global security policy, standards, guidelines and procedures to ensure ongoing maintenance of security.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required
• Familiarity with information security strategies, database management, and risk management.
• Must possess extensive knowledge of IT security concepts; LAN/WAN policies; several different operating systems including Windows, Mac OS, Linux and others; network and systems administration; and database and backup security procedures.
• Must be aware of any related governmental regulations on information gathering, sharing, and storage.
• Must be a strong leader with managerial abilities.
• Must be familiar with the relevant laws governing information security and information sharing.
• Must have exceptional problem solving skills and ability to anticipate security risks or potential threats before they occur.
• Must be able to manage multiple systems at once.
• Must have a strong sense of business ethics and principles.
• Must have demonstrated proficiency in a business environment with strong organizational skills, project management, and ability to collaborate across multiple levels of personnel.
• Must be able to communicate technical procedures and policies to a non-technical audience.
• Time is spent in offices and behind computers with some hours devoted to training, meetings, and conferences.
• Must be comfortable with long hours of sitting behind a desk.
• Must be on call 24 hours a day to address unexpected security breaches.
Qualified and interested candidates must have;
• HND/Bachelor’s degree in information technology, network systems. Master's degree is an added advantage.
• Must have at least 5years’ experience in IT management, IT security solutions, network administration, database administration, network security, or computer security architecture.
• Must possess active certification in IT courses.
Mode of Application
•Interested candidates should forward their CV details to hrm.sigmaegisconcepts @gmail.com
•Candidates can also opt to send their Fullnames, Date of Birth, Current contact address, Valid phone number, Age, Years of experience and Job applying for to 08*********
•Candidates can also opt to send their Fullnames, Date of Birth, Current contact address, Valid phone number, Age, Years of experience and Job applying for to the advert message box.
•Candidates should comply with all requirements and instructions enlisted failure to do so will lead to AUTOMATIC disqualification.
•Candidates should only call the phone number attached to the advert daily during working hours of 8am-4pm (Monday-Saturday).
•Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted