A graphic designer works on a variety of products and activities, such as websites, advertising, books, magazines, posters, computer games, product packaging, exhibitions and displays, corporate communications and corporate identity, i.e. giving organizations a visual 'brand'.
We are looking for a creative Graphic designer with up-to-date knowledge to interpret our clients needs and to design solutions with high visual impact. The work demands creative flair, up-to-date knowledge of industry software and a professional approach to time, costs and deadlines.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Meeting clients or account managers to discuss the business objectives and requirements of the job;
* Estimating the time required completing the work and providing quotes for clients.
* Developing design briefs that suit the client's purpose.
* Thinking creatively to produce new ideas and concepts and developing interactive design.
* Using innovation to redefine a design brief within the constraints of cost and time.
* Presenting finalized ideas and concepts to clients or account managers.
* Working with a range of media, including computer-aided design (CAD) and keeping up to date with emerging technologies.
* Proofreading to produce accurate and high-quality work.
* Demonstrating illustrative skills with rough sketches and working on layouts ready for print.
* Commissioning illustrators and photographers.
* Working as part of a team with printers, copywriters, photographers, stylists, illustrators, other designers, account executives, web developers and marketing specialists.
* Cultivate a solid body of work.
* Take the design “brief” to record requirements and clients needs.
* Schedule project implementation and define budget constraints.
* Work with a wide range of media and use graphic design software.
* Think creatively and develop new design concepts, graphics and layouts.
* Prepare rough drafts and present your ideas.
*Amend final designs to clients comments and gain full approval.
JOB SKILL AND ABILITIES
* Passion and enthusiasm for design, with a creative flair.
* A flexible approach when working in a team.
* Excellent communication skills in order to interpret and negotiate briefs with clients.
* Good presentation skills and the confidence to explain and sell ideas to clients and colleagues.
* Time management skills and the ability to cope with several projects at a time.
* Accuracy and attention to detail when finalizing designs.
* Being open to feedback and willing to make changes to your designs.
* Effective networking skills to build contacts.
Possession of creative flair, versatility, conceptual/visual ability and originality
* Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio
* Ability to interact, communicate and present ideas
* Up to date with industry leading software and technologies (In Design, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop etc.)
* Highly proficient in all design aspects
* Professionalism regarding time, costs and deadlines
Interested candidates should have;
* A degree or certificate from an accredited college or university is typically required to pursue a graphic design career. At a minimum, graphic designers should possess a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in graphic design, a four-year program. Two-year associate degree programs are also common, though a four-year degree is preferable.
* Proficiency in a good knowledge of design software, such as Quark Xpress, InDesign or Illustrator plus photo-editing software, such as Photoshop.
* Proven working experience and portfolio of work. Applicants may even have a master’s degree in art and designing.
* Professional certificate(s) and qualification(s) might be an added advantage.
MODE OF APPLICATION
* Interested candidates should forward their CV details to broadviewstrategies @gmail.com
* Candidates can also opt to send their Full names, Date of Birth, Current contact address, Valid phone number, Age, Years of experience and Job applying for to
* Candidates can also opt to send their Full names, Date of Birth, Current contact address, Valid phone number, Age, Years of experience and Job applying for to the advert message box.
* Candidates should comply with all requirements and instructions enlisted failure to do so will lead to AUTOMATIC disqualification.
* Candidates should only call the phone number attached to the advert daily during working hours of 8am-4pm (Monday-Saturday).
* Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted