** What does a business banking officer does:
1. Achieves stated business plan goals to include new business production, profitability goals and objectives, and appropriate portfolio management.
2. Solicits new commercial business to include deposits, cash management, investments, commercial real estate and commercial and industrial lending activities.
3. Analyzes financial statements signed interviews credit applicants prior to completing a thorough, written credit memorandum on commercial credit requests.
4. Provides business development support for the retail/Small Business teams in soliciting new commercial business.
5. Oversees the ongoing reviewing needs of the assigned relationships within the commercial portfolio for annual reviews, documentation, and credit quality.
6. Responds to general inquiries from current and potential customers regarding commercial services.
7. Informs prospective borrower of loan commitments and approved credit facilities, makes recommendations to Commercial Banking.
8. Manager regarding analytical trends and potential credit issues involving commercial loan customers and Responsible for reviewing ongoing financial condition of borrower and status of line of credit in conjunction with the Credit Risk Officer assigned.
9. Assists in preparing applications, and obtaining underwriting approval and presenting to Loan Committee when necessary.
10. Communicates credit information to Commercial Banking Manager via written and oral reports.
11. Responsible for other duties, responsibilities, and special projects as assigned by the Commercial Banking Manager.
** JOB REQUIREMENT:
*A four year degree with emphasis in Business, Accounting or Finance is preferred.
*A high school diploma with the combination of education, continuing education, equivalent experience and knowledge.
*Experience in analyzing financial statements, tax returns and related documents required.
*Credit management, or accounting experience involving small business accounts required.
*Previous business development experience, as well as previous banking is strongly preferred.
*Excellent customer service that has been demonstrated and delivered on a consistent basis, as well as strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) is critical for this position.
*Strong organizational and task management skills with the ability to work independently, multi-task and manage deadlines is required.
*Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and efficient with the ability to use independent judgment, analyze information, and formulate clear and concise recommendations.
*Excellent computer skills are required, to include MS Office applications (Word, Outlook, Excel).
*Must be fluent in the English language (to include reading, writing, speaking and comprehension).
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested persons should send their CVs to or send name, qualification and years of experience to 08056987368. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
N.B: Persons living outside Kaduna need not apply