Prepare and submit reports after completion of freight shipments.
· Inspect shipments to ensure that freight is securely braced and blocked.
· Issue certificates of compliance for vessels without violations.
· Record details about freight conditions, handling of freight, and any problems encountered.
· Write certificates of ad-measurements’ that list details such as designs, lengths, depths, and breadths of vessels, and methods of propulsion.
· Calculate gross and net tonnage, hold capacities, volumes of stored fuel and water, cargo weights, and ship stability factors, using mathematical formulas.
· Advice crews in techniques of stowing dangerous and heavy cargo.
· Observe loading of freight to ensure that crews comply with procedures.
· Post warning signs on vehicles containing explosives or flammable or radioactive materials.
· Recommend remedial procedures to correct any violations found during inspections.
· Measure heights and widths of loads to ensure they will pass over bridges or through tunnels on scheduled routes.
Inspect loaded cargo, cargo lashed to decks or in storage facilities, and cargo handling devices to determine compliance with health and safety regulations and need for maintenance.
REQUIREMENTS: Interested applicants should have minimum of OND. HND or BSc in Inspection and Surveying, or any related field.
Method of Application: Interested applicants should forward a copy of their CV's to mgt.onnexconsultltd @gmail.com or forward their name, location, qualification and post applying for to the message box or to the number stated on this advert.
NOTE:ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED