Building surveyors are responsible for maintaining, altering, repairing, refurbishing and restoring existing buildings.
Building surveyors offer professional advice on all factors affecting existing buildings such as building defects, alterations, renovations and extensions. They work mostly on site to monitor the performance of structures and devise ways to improve them or correct flaws in their design.
Surveyors work along side local planning bodies, clients, construction workers, and other professinals to ensure projects meet the relevant safety, sustainability and preservation standards.
• Monitoring the deterioration of a property and taking steps to abate it.
• Preparing plans, contracts, budgets and other documentation.
• Advising clients about building/property issues including technical, financial, legal, environmental, building regulation and restoration matters.
• Identifying building defects and offering advice about remedial work.
• Monitoring progress and ensuring work is completed in time.
• Undertaking property and land surveys and valuations.
• Writing technical reports.
• Planning and overseeing building work.
Managing projects and/or multi-disciplinary teams.
Surveying is an active job role. While building surveyors are office based, they are also likely to make regular site visits and work outside whatever the weather.
• B.Sc/HND/OND in any related field of study
• Working experience is an added advantage.
• Method of Application
• Interest and qualified candidates should forward a comprehensive CV’s/cover letter to the email provided below:
• Or send their name, phone number, position applying to the given phone number: 08*********
This application is restricted to Lagos residents only