A new hotel in Ajao Estate is looking for a Hotel HR Manager to resume immediately and be part of their pre-opening team .The HR Manager will handle all Human Resource functions, including recruitment, training and development, benefit administration and associate relations activities, relating to all hotel personnel. You will be well versed in Hospitality HR, Staffing Manning, Rota, Service Charge implementation and training.
CV should be sent to
o Must have experience in Hospitality HR/ Training
Application Closing Date
4th December, 2018.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Direct and instruct the management staff in effective recruiting and interviewing techniques using methods such as verbal presentations and written directions to ensure the hiring and retention of qualified and efficient associates. Conduct interviews for all management positions.
2. Ensure that associates are developed and utilized to their maximum potential by controlling the implementation, administration and monitoring of all training programs. Instruct training classes, analyze and review current and proposed methods, consult with and make recommendations to the management staff for improvement.
3. Monitor the associate performance appraisal programs. Read and analyze evaluations and goals to ensure appraisal comments are appropriate and goals are measurable and achievable. Direct and administer associate relations programs and activities such as associate recognition and service award ceremonies, social functions and general hotel meetings to maintain a positive associate relations climate.
4. Develop, implement and administer policies and programs related to the management of all hotel personnel to ensure the maintenance of a positive and productive employment environment. Monitor same for fair and consistent application.
5. Ensure compliance with all State and Federal laws and regulations which pertain to Human Resources by reviewing current management practices, implementing new procedures and communicating verbally and in writing any new requirements.
6. Provide assistance, guidance and counseling to the General Manager, management staff and associates in order to maximize the quality and professionalism of the hotel staff by listening and interpreting concerns and objectives and seeking solutions.
7. Control the administration of wages and benefits to ensure the accurate and equitable application of same, analyzing and applying information retrieved from moderately complex reports, manuals and/or computer systems.
8. Manage all labor relations activities by administering union contracts and ensuring compliance. Respond to all grievances in writing, negotiate settlements and act as the hotel representative at all arbitrations.
9. Coordinate all other pre-selection activities, including drug testing; reference checks, etc., to ensure compliance with all Company policies and procedures.
10. Ensure all new hires and existing associates possess proper employment eligibility verifications.
Ensures Leave of Absence Policy is adhered to, tracked and that correct documentation and action is followed by departments and associates.
Develop and/or participate in Staff Training initiatives, including monthly management training in accordance with the Omni Training Matrix, and departmental service training .
11. Perform any other job related duties as assigned
• Conducts exit interviews for all terminating associates and ensures final clearance and pay check distribution