Oil and Gas Business School, is a recognized "Learning Affiliate" with Energy Institute, London.
Register for this program, with OIL AND GAS BUSINESS SCHOOL, and receive the following great benefits:
*Free Student Membership of Energy Institute, London
This will really help them to you to develop both their studies and their future careers. Benefits as a member include:
• Energy Institue monthly e-magazines: Energy World and Petroleum Review
• Use of The EI Energy Matrix – Access to over 85,000 energy information resources using our online vault of energy related knowledge, including books, periodicals, articles, statistics and fact sheets, and our London Library. The collection includes online resources, journals, conference proceedings and reports.
• 24/7 access to the EI eLibrary containing over 2.5 million records, including full text journal articles on energy and the environment from Ebsco Environment Complete, 80 full text eBooks, available to download and borrow and a host of other journal databases.
• Visit the EI Library to access the Petroleum Abstracts database from the University of Tulsa which contains more than 1.1 million abstracts on oil and gas exploration and production.
• Access to the EI’s Data Sheets, a collection of current and historical statistics and information, covering energy prices, electricity production and petroleum fuels.
• Free networking events with those high up in the industry, helping you to learn about the industry and get known.
• Access to a team of qualified information professionals, during library opening hours, to answer quick queries or assist with more extensive research. Free quick research service (5-10 minutes) and a discounted rate for longer research queries.
• Education and careers information through EI careers website.
• Use of mycareerpath – a great system used for documenting any career progression, which students can present to employers
• Discounts – Reduced rates for EI events, including regional and training courses that would help your knowledge and professional development
• Branch events and competitions – Nigerian branch holds events and competitions for local students to attend.
• Benevolent Fund – EI provides a range of financial and other assistance to students in need.
• Energy Policy Milestones Calender - a frequently updated resource providing links to current and forthcoming policy activity.
• Opportunity to Develop and advance into the Professional Membership category, after graduation, and be able to use such titles or designations as MEI (Member, Energy Institute), Chartered Energy Engineer, Chartered Energy Manager, Chartered Petroleum Engineer, Chartered Environmentalist, Chartered Scientist etc.
• Water sources- spring, borehole and public mains
Inlet & Settlement Zones
• Treatment technologies
• Chemical coagulation, flocculation and setting
• Hardness removal
Chemical Substances affecting Aeration
Carbon Dioxide, Hydrogen Sulphide, Methane, Iron & Manganese Removal
Taste & Odour
Common Operational Problems
Activated Carbon & Alumina
Silical Gel, Zeolites
Ions & Resins
• Sand filtration
• Aerated carbon filtration
• Industrial microfiltration
• Disinfection methods
• UV light and chlorination
• Approved standards for portable water
• WHO [world health organization
• NAFDAC quality requirements
• Product packaging and labeling
• Quality considerations and problems in industrial water usage
• Oil and gas, corrosion, scaling and plugging
• Food and beverages
• Boilers and cooling towers, legionella disease
• Water sampling precautions
• Water & Wastewater Treatment
Coagulation & Flocculation
• Effluent treatment
• Oil/water separators
• Oxidation ponds and biological treatment
• Primary Treatment
Rotating Biological Contactors
WHO Water Quality Standards
Federal Ministry of Environment Effluent Treatment and Discharge Standards