LONDON SCHOOL OF BUSINESS AND FINANCE
This MBA is a specialized one, and covers the usual business courses plus the following specialised modules
CONTEMPORARY ISSUES IN THE OIL & GAS INDUSTRY
The aim of the module is to introduce students to the oil and gas industry, and enable them to critically evaluate and appraise the opportunities and challenges in this market.
On successful completion of the module, you will be able to:
• Discuss the objectives and functions of and commercial relationships between companies and organisations in the upstream oil and gas supply chain.
• Evaluate the significance of marketing and marketing issues to upstream oil and gas organisations.
• Critically analyse the broad principles and practical implementation of petroleum taxation regimes in various regions of the world.
• Analyse energy sector strategic responses to key global challenges and governmental initiatives (e.g. EU and UK emission trading schemes, environmental management systems, industrial symbiosis networks, cleaner technology, and renewables).
• Recognise, discuss and justify some of the primary contractual clauses in the main contracts in the oil and gas industry, examining the effect of these clauses on the contractual parties.
CARBON MANAGEMENT & ENTREPRENEURSHIP
The aim of the module is to provide students with an understanding of the national and international issues surrounding carbon management, as well as the skills required to plan and evaluate carbon management strategies and systems.
On successful completion of the module, students should be able to:
• Understand the drivers for carbon management emissions targets and the reporting requirements at an international and national level.
• Know the key steps in a robust and successful carbon management strategy and be able to define carbon footprinting.
• Appreciate the use of carbon impact assessments in decision making and the use of project accounting within international greenhouse gas emissions mitigation and reporting.
• Know how to develop, implement and monitor an action plan in order to achieve a measurable reduction in greenhouse gas emissions, including identification of KPIs and the characteristics of successful change management.
• Understand the concept of carbon offsetting, the role that offsetting plays within a robust carbon management strategy, and be able to apply selection criteria for purchasing offsets.
Registration through Oil and Gas Business School gives you automatic free membership of Energy Institute, London, with access to EI's online library and networking opportunities.