Sewing Class for beginners
This training would be held every Saturday for 1 or 2 months and covers
1) Introduction to sewing, parts of a sewing machine, how to thread a sewing machine and how to pedal a sewing machine.
2) Terms used in sewing.
3) Equipment needed in sewing.
4) Taking female body measurement.
5) How to draft and sew a basis straight skirt.
6) How to sew a pencil skirt, an A line skirt, a circle skirt, a 6 piece skirt, an A line mermaid skirt with godget and a knee length 3step skirt
7) How to sew a princess cut blouse with and without a peplum, a sweetheart blouse, a corset or bustier.
8) How to draft and sew a basic sleeve pattern.
9) How to draft and sew an off shoulder circle dress. We would also sew a black princess cut office dress.
All trainees are expected to bring their sewing kit. Sewing kits would be made available for purchase at the venue. Ideally you should have a sewing machine at home so you practice as you learn. The course fee is NGN5,000