ABILITY TO MEDIATE AT THE CUSTOMS OFFICE
ENGLISH,IGBO,YORUBA,A LITTLE HAUSA
Logistics and Transportation
more than 5 years
I am Uwe Chukwuyem a graduate of Economics Bowen University. I am currently working at Kizito Maritime Agencies Limited as a logistics/shipping manager. My duties are Documentation for client’s consignment (Opening of Form M, Processing of PAAR, running of Vet/plant quarantine, SON, NAFDAC and Customs License.
• Ensure that the goods are release at the Customs office. Plan and develop the systems and procedures to improve the operations quality and efficiency of the division.
• Prepare Procurement related documentation (e.g. bidding, bid evaluation reports, terms of reference, letters of invitation, request for proposals, and draft contracts).
• Monitoring the Custom Clearance procedures and ensuring to build strong relationships with various agencies like Customs Department, SHIPPING companies, SON, NAFDAC
• Maintain metrics, reports, customer service logs, or training or safety records. Setting of department objectives.
• Resolve problems concerning transportation, logistics systems, imports or exports, or customer issues.
• Negotiate transportation rates or services and negotiate with suppliers or customers to improve supply chain efficiency or sustainability.
• Design models for use in evaluating logistics programs or services.
• Supervise the work of logistics specialists, planners, or schedulers.
• Recommend purchase of new or improved technology, such as automated systems.
• Maintain strict control of budgets and financial expenditures.
• Coordinate delivery logistics with program team and/or grantees to obtain the required permits including, such as delivery receipts.
• Coordinate transportation, permits, authorizations, insurance, loading and unloading of goods/materials, and financial allocation of related expenses under grants.
• Prepare requests for quotations, negotiate, conduct analysis, and recommend vendors for delivery of goods and materials to grantees.
• Performs all other duties related to the functions of the position.
• Identifying & delivering operational cost reduction and cost avoidance initiatives.
• Making sure that project deadlines are met.
• Responsible for a team that include drivers and delivery operatives.
• Ensuring that all set targets are achieved.
• Negotiating the services of 3rd party carriers, couriers and haulage companies.
• Managing supplier delivery performance and maintain supplier contracts.
• Monitor the warehouse team.
• Other assignment given to me by the MD.