Community Manager Online, Job summary:
On behalf of a major market player in the digital marketing industry, we are recruiting for the role of an Online Community Manager. As an online community manager, you will be the voice of the company with its most important supporters across Nigeria, Kenya and South Africa. You will be a builder of relationships, engaging and nurturing customers and key members of your community. You will deliver the brand personality, and advocate on behalf of the customer. You will excel at managing online communities with a creative and innovative mindset to building customer relationships through your online community management skills. This position requires that you are a passionate, hungry & an eager person with high professional and ethical standards to be the best ambassador for our client brand.
Community Manager online Responsibilities:
As a Community Manager, you will have to:
• Be the brand ambassador in front of some of client most influential advocates by managing multiple online communities in social media space
• Apply the content strategy defined by stakeholders via managing the community groups and content (approving posts, approving member requests, and moderating comments)
• Listen and respond to users within the community in a positive, supportive manner and encourage dialogue in our groups.
• Inform and drive community’s engagement targets and goals through your outstanding communication and customer service skills.
• Utilize the data and analytics & collaborate with internal stakeholders to identify new content and strategies aligned with the goals identified.
• Give insights on community’s training needs based on customer feedback.
• Engage groups as point of contact for relationship management of nurture treatments – e.g. being the single voice of truth for what additional tactics required to improve client’s delivery of value to their most important community members
• Work closely with other departments providing feedback about the quality of advocacy activation
• Meet response times and guidelines; escalating community issues to appropriate channels as they arise (within agreed SLAs)
Community Management experience - required:
• BA/BS degree in Marketing, communication or equivalent
• 2+ years working in community Management & possess the experience in community online management
• Knowledge of online advertising products and how to use social media platforms
• Experience in dealing with customers through different channels
• Knowledge of marketing trends and techniques
• Exceptional customer service, communication skills this includes verbal and written communication
• Fluent in English (especially written) with local language (Yoruba or Igbo is a plus);
• Well organized with the ability to prioritize tasks and used to different fast paced & ambiguous environment
• Creative and innovative thinking, willingness and capacity to create a unique community management space.
• Passion for online technology with strong knowledge of the latest trends in online marketing
• Independent player who also demonstrates team spirit and the ability to influence and manage others.
• Ability to give and receive a feedback in a positive way, open to discussions, with the willing to educate & transfer knowledge.
Community Management - desirable:
• Experience in start-up / tech company
• Ability to stimulate discussion, resourceful, firm but empathetic
• Ability to connect people
• Familiar with facing challenges in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
• Demonstrated capability of being a team player who thinks as a team and is willing to share best practices to achieve team goals
• Experience in programs that manage online postings on different platforms
• Competitive salary package
• Generous bonus scheme based on performance
• Excellent work opportunity in a leading multinational company with an outstanding team culture
• Stable work and career progression
• Continuous development of team members through training and a clear career path