This position is critical to the continued success of the growth trajectory of the downstream business (Marketing & Trading) in that it provides leadership in the areas of Financial & Strategic Planning, Financial Governance & Reporting, and Operational Excellence. The role also assists the CEO with relevant guidance on key business decisions which will impact the long term business growth and profitability.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Develops and articulate a comprehensive financial strategy for the business based on business growth and plans.
• Monitors the present and future capital requirements of the organisation; reviews and periodically determines the long-and short-term financial objectives and policies and provides guidance/advice to Executive Management about all proposals concerning major financial policies ( dividend, fiscal and financing) of the Company, including but not limited to policies relating to the Company’s cash needs, shareholder distributions, share repurchases and investment
• Liaises with external Financial Services organisation and investors as may be required, to ensure the business remains adequately funded in terms of Debts, Equity and Working Capital requirements.
• Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans.
• Develop financial and tax strategies.
• Assist in formulating the company's future direction and supporting tactical initiatives.
• Oversees the adequacy and soundness of the organization’s financial structure and manages local and international investor relationships; directs and coordinates the formulation of financial programs and funding for new/continuing trades and operations towards increasing productivity and optimizing the use of capital, and maximizing returns.
• Ensures the effective integration of the Company’s strategic plan with its trading activities and day-to-day operations and in so doing regularly interfaces with Strategic Business Partners to determine areas of mutual collaboration towards the achievement of goals.
• Reviews operating results of the Company, compares with set objectives, identifies root causes of weak performance and ensures appropriate measures are taken to correct unsatisfactory results.
• Monitors market trends, competitor activities and consumer preferences and positions
• Manage the capital request and budgeting processes.
• Develop performance measures that support the company's strategic direction.
• Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team.
• Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team.
• Manage the accounting, human resources, investor relations, tax, and treasury departments.
• Oversee the financial operations of subsidiary companies and foreign operations.
Skill, Experience and Physical Requirements:
• 7- 10 years cognate work experience in Financial / Management Accounting, the last 3 – 4 years must have been in management role in a reputable and structured business environment, preferably in a Nigerian or International Oil & Gas Company
• Ability to network and form high profile relationships with key people in various parts of the economy (government, regulatory bodies, NNPC, DPR, key customer groups etc.)
• Knowledge of trading (paper & physical)
• Ability to influence the direction of national policy
• Local and International Oil & Gas Industry History and Dynamics (including deep knowledge of laws and regulations)
• Foreign Exchange and Money Markets
• Business Analysis, Strategy Development and Execution
• Paper & physical trading (Oil & Gas products)
• Finance and Investment Management
• Financial Management Accounting
• Assets & Liability Management
• Risk Management
• Entrepreneurial Skills
• Good understanding and application of IFRS
• Understanding of the consolidation process and joint venture accounting
• Proficiency in the use of ERP, preferably SAP would be an added advantage
• First degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting and other related disciplines
• Professional Qualification in one of the following: -
• Any or a combination of ACCA and ICAN (ACA) or any other relevant professional qualification (CFA, Dip. IFR)
• An MBA is an advantage
Salary and remuneration packages are very attractive and negotiable. (State Current /and Expected Salary in your Application letter)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's to: or Using the specific Job reference /Job applied for as the subject of the mail.
Only candidates that meet the above requirements will be contacted