Bank clerks or tellers are entry-level employees of financial or banking industries who serve the primary contact of customers.
They are responsible for answering customer questions about banking products and services, administering various banking transactions and marketing financial products, among others. Bank clerks find work in savings and loan associations, finance companies, commercial banks, and credit unions.
They will be assigned specific tasks, which include; collection and exchange tellers, note tellers or foreign banknote tellers.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The task of bank clerks depend on the task assigned to him/her.
* Interest clerks record interest owed to the bank from loans or owed to customer’s saving accounts,
* Loan clerks record and organize loan information of clients.
*Statement clerks prepare monthly balance sheets of bank clients, while * security clerks work on foreign currency and international accounts.
* Bookkeeping clerks maintain records of all bank customers, while security clerks record and handle bonds, stocks or other investment documents of clients.
* Accepting payments for utilities, mortgage, credit cards and loans; balancing cash drawers; selling money orders, bank checks and bonds;
* Preparing currencies and coin for customers;
" Promoting bank products and services; referring loan requests to other departments;
*Processing ATM deposits, handling other banking transactions and performing various tasks as assigned.
* Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills,
* Basic accounting and calculation skills, * Strong management and organization skills, interpersonal skills, problem-solving and decision-making skills,
* Advanced computer skills and knowledge of cash handling and transaction processing systems.
* Bank clerks should also be detail-oriented, highly organized, accurate, trustworthy, pleasant and honest.
Interested candidates should have;
* Degree in relevant field/discipline.
*Entry level as a NYSC certificate holder
s should apply
*Master's Degree is an added advantage
MODE OF APPLICATION
• Interested and qualified should forward a detail CV to: email@example.com OR Candidates can also opt to send their Fullnames, Date of Birth, Current contact address, Valid phone number, Age, Years of experience and Job applying for to the company phone no
• Candidates can also optional to send their Fullnames, Date of Birth, Current contact address, Valid phone number, Age, Years of experience and Job applying for to the advert message box.
• Candidates should comply with all requirements and instructions enlisted failure to do so will lead to AUTOMATIC disqualification.
• Candidates should only call the phone number attached to the advert daily during working hours of 8am-4pm (Monday-Saturday).
• Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted