Our client is looking for a Research and Development Manager that is responsible for leading efforts involved in new process development and improvements with direct responsibility for some projects. This position initiates, evaluates plans, directs, executes, implements, and reports on activities related to the development of new processes, improvements or cost savings ideas. This position carries with it the responsibility to mentor team members and grow their capabilities for contributing to the organization while coordinating and managing the efforts of the R&D team.
* Establishes goals, KPIs and road maps for success with the R&D Team.
* Independently initiates, investigates, and implements new cost savings projects.
* Assists R&D scientists on portions of project to ensure completion of the department's high priority projects and critical non-project work.
* Advises, directs, coaches, inspires and reviews the work of less experienced food scientists on complex projects.
* Acts as a technical consultant to all Quality Assurance, Packaging Engineer Team, Operations, and Food Safety and all other operational departments.
* Evaluates and makes recommendations concerning the application of new ingredient / processing technologies.
* Questions processes, procedures and policies. Fully investigates, develops, and presents alternatives for implementation.
* Develops and maintains project plans, identifying critical paths and resources required.
* Establishes testing parameters for shelf life studies, time / temperature studies. Designs validation studies for Control Point and Critical Control Points.
* Works collaborative with Operations, Sourcing/Procurement with respect to new packaging and film initiatives, ensuring that products are labeled in accordance with the appropriate nutritional and allergen information.
- M.S in Food Science, Chemistry or similar science, with at least 3 years of experience considered
- PHD in Food Science, Chemistry or similar Science (preferred).
- A minimum of 2 years of Product Development, R&D experience inclusive of shelf life testing, nutritional testing- From Concept to Commercialization
- Be able to accurately prepare specifications, label declarations and formulations.
- Strong business acumen and demonstrate business knowledge by leading discussion and direction on project work with the organization and determining effects of department work on total financial picture.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other departments.
- Ability to work with a high level of autonomy
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested Applicants should;
- Forward their CV and cover letter to the HR through crestbaylogistics @gmail.com indicating the post being applied for as the SUBJECT
- Send their full details, including phone number, qualifications and location to the message box or to 09025080556
* Applicants failure to abide by the Rules and Regulations will lead to TOTAL disqualification.
* Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview