We are looking for a reliable Management Accountant to assist senior management in making critical business decisions by analyzing and presenting key financial data. You will oversee accounting procedures and prepare forecasts, budgets and risk analysis.
An excellent management accountant must have an exceptional mathematical mind combined with a strong business orientation. You must be able to assume responsibility of cost accounting tasks and be both a strategist and a decision maker.
The goal is to contribute to the decision making process of management that will ensure business growth and long-term success.
Job duties and responsibilities
• Gather and analyze financial information for internal use.
• Support budgeting and funding.
• Assist the company in managing its investment portfolio.
• Assume responsibility of accounting procedures.
• Evaluate the company’s performance using key data.
• Make forecasts to assist business planning and decision-making.
• Conduct risk assessment and advise on ways to minimize risk.
• Advise on problems and suggest improvements.
• Supervise lower-level personnel.
• preparing periodic financial statements, including profit and loss accounts, budgets, cash flows, variance analysis and commentaries;
• Providing a support service by working with all departments and the management team to help make financial decisions;
• Ensuring spending is kept in line with the budget;
• Informing key strategic decisions and formulating business strategies;
• Advising on the financial implications and consequences of business decisions;
• Analysing financial performance and contributing to medium and long-term business planning/forecasts;
• Negotiating on major projects, loans and grants;
• Offering professional judgement on financial matters and advising on ways of improving business performance;
• Interpreting and communicating financial data to non-financial managers;
• Liaising with other function managers to put the finances and accounts in context;
• Monitoring and evaluating financial information systems and suggesting improvements where needed;
• Implementing corporate governance procedures, risk management and internal controls.
Job skills and abilities
You will need to show:
• Commercial awareness, with an interest in business and an understanding of how an organisation works and manages resources;
• A high level of numeracy;
• Ability to explain complex financial information in a clear way;
• Professionalism and commitment;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills;
• IT proficiency;
• Project management skills;
• Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills, with the ability to work with colleagues at all levels including non-finance members of staff;
• Confidence to know where your expertise ends and another team member's begins;
• Ability to remain impartial;
• A lively and enquiring mind with a logical approach to work, combined with analytical and problem-solving skills;
• Organisational skills with the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines;
• Stamina and motivation to balance the demands of work and study.
• Solid knowledge of basic and advanced accounting and financial principles and practices.
• Excellent knowledge of cost accounting and reporting.
• Excellent knowledge or risk analysis, budgeting and forecasting
• Working knowledge of financial software and MS Office.
• Analytical mind with aptitude in math.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• A problem-solver with attention to detail.
• Organizational and leadership skills.
Interested and qualified applicants should have;
• HND/BSc/BA in accounting, finance or similar field.
• Proven experience as management accountant or similar role.
• Relevant certifications might be an added advantage.
Mode of Application
• Interested candidates should forward their CV details to hrm.sigmaegisconcepts @gmail.com
• Candidates can also opt to send their Fullnames, Date of Birth, Current contact address, Valid phone number, Age, Years of experience and Job applying for to the phone number attached to this advert.
• Candidates can also opt to send their Fullnames, Date of Birth, Current contact address, Valid phone number, Age, Years of experience and Job applying for to 08*********
• Candidates should comply with all requirements and instructions enlisted failure to do so will lead to AUTOMATIC disqualification.
• Candidates should only call the phone number attached to the advert daily during working hours of 8am-4pm (Monday-Saturday).
• Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted