We are looking for an experienced Investment analyst to undertake financial research and report on prospective investment avenues. The successful candidate will study how an investment is likely to perform and how sustainable it is. You will participate in our sound portfolio-management strategy by providing the necessary data for our decision making process.
Job duties and responsibilities
• Examine and assess economic and market trends, earnings prospects, financial statements and various other indicators and factors to determine suitable investment strategies.
• Look back at previous investment decisions and the thought process of making the investment decision.
• Liaise with fund managers and network with industry professionals.
• Monitor closely financial press and keep a track of market trends, opportunities, risks and new investment products.
• Compile advisory reports and make informed recommendations on new investment opportunities and funds that could enhance or diversify portfolios.
• Develop complex financial models and analyse legal documents.
• Analyzes financial information to forecast business, industry, and economic conditions, for use in making investment decisions.
• Gathers and analyzes company financial statements, industry, regulatory & economic information and financial periodicals newspapers.
• Interprets data concerning price, yield, stability and future trends of investments.
• Summarizes data describing current and long term trends in investment risks economic influences pertinent to investments.
• Draws charts graphs to illustrate reports, using computer.
• Recommends investment timing buy-and-sell orders to company or to staff of investment establishment for advising clients.
• May call brokers purchase investments for company, according to company policy.
• May recommend modifications to managements investment policy.
• May specialize in specific investment area, like bond, commodity, equity, currency, or portfolio management.
Skills and Abilities
You will need to show:
• The ability to research, analyse and evaluate;
• Excellent communication skills;
• The ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and multi-task in a fast paced environment;
• Strong numerical ability and quantitative skills;
• Self-confidence, drive and tenacity;
• The ability to work effectively in a team;
• Initiative, flexibility and innovation;
• An interest in current affairs and an appreciation of their impact on the market;
• In depth investment knowledge; this may come from an interest in the markets, participation in relevant student societies or running a shadow portfolio;
• Commitment to further study and qualifications;
• Global mind-set.
• Solid understanding of financial set-up, procedures, statistics and economics.
• Excellent investment analysis software user.
• Excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
This will include:
• Conducting due diligence on companies and industries by researching, reading financial statements and market data;
• Analysing financial information relating to specific companies, e.g. company results, profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow statements to determine how an organisation is positioned to deliver for investors;
• Keeping up to date with market developments, new investment products and all other areas that can affect the markets, e.g. movements in the economies of relevant countries;
• Considering how the economic implications of factors such as natural disasters, weather, wars, etc. might affect the performance of companies and funds;
• Monitoring the financial news using specialist media sources;
• Financial modelling and projection;
• Drafting and writing research reports for fund manager or client use;
• Meeting with and providing information to fund managers; this might include, summaries of research, investment ideas, key events from the proceeding day as well as key drivers for the day ahead;
• Making recommendations to fund managers, being able to position ideas and articulate to the fund manager about the risk or payoff for each recommendation;
• Ensuring that all compliance regulations are met.
Interested and qualified Applicants should have;
• BSc degree in Finance, Accounting or related field.
• Minimum of 12months of work experience.
• any other qualifications.
Mode of Application
• Interested candidates should forward their CV details to hrm.sigmaegisconcepts @gmail.com
• Candidates can also opt to send their Fullnames, Date of Birth, Current contact address, Valid phone number, Age, Years of experience and Job applying for to 08123339184
• Candidates can also opt to send their Fullnames, Date of Birth, Current contact address, Valid phone number, Age, Years of experience and Job applying for to the advert message box.
• Candidates should comply with all requirements and instructions enlisted failure to do so will lead to AUTOMATIC disqualification.
• Candidates should only call the phone number attached to the advert daily during working hours of 8am-4pm (Monday-Saturday).
• Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted