We are looking for an objective Internal auditor to add value and improve our operations by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes. The successful candidate will possess a thorough knowledge of accounting procedures and a sound judgement.
• Perform and control the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over operations’ effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations.
• Determine internal audit scope and develop annual plans.
• Obtain, analyse and evaluate accounting documentation, previous reports, data, flowcharts etc.
• Prepare and present reports that reflect audit’s results and document process.
• Act as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality and goal achievement.
• Identify loopholes and recommend risk aversion measures and cost savings.
• Maintain open communication with management and audit committee.
• Document process and prepare audit findings memorandum.
• Conduct follow up audits to monitor management’s interventions.
• Engage to continuous knowledge development regarding sector’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards.
• Undertaking reviews of wages.
• Gauging levels of financial risk within organisations.
• Checking that financial reports and records are accurate and reliable.
• Collating, checking and analysing spreadsheet data.
• Examining company accounts and financial control systems.
• Ensuring that assets are safeguarded.
• Liaising with managerial staff and presenting findings and recommendations.
• Identifying if and where processes are not working as they should, and advising on changes to be made.
• Preparing reports, commentaries and financial statements.
• Ensuring procedures, policies, legislation and regulations are correctly followed and complied with.
You need to demonstrate the following characteristics and skills:
• Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and databases.
• Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and to compile detailed reports.
• Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations.
• High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills.
• Sound independent judgement.
• The ability to use your own initiative.
analytical thinking and attention to detail.
• The ability to work effectively on your own and as part of a team.
• Strong ethical standards and high levels of integrity.
• The ability to think objectively and demonstrate sound judgement.
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Organisation and facilitation skills.
• Resilience under pressure.
• Flexible thinking and ability to adapt to change.
Interested applicants should have;
• HND/BS degree in Accounting or Finance.
• Proven working experience(12months) as Internal Auditor
• Professional certification might be an added advantage.
Mode of Application
• Interested candidates should forward their CV details to hr.macdanglobal @gmail.com
• Candidates can also opt to send their Fullnames, Date of Birth, Current contact address, Valid phone number, Age, Years of experience and Job applying for to the advert message box.
• Candidates should comply with all requirements and instructions enlisted failure to do so will lead to AUTOMATIC disqualification.
• Candidates should only call the phone number attached to the advert daily during working hours of 8am-4pm (Monday-Saturday).
• Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted