Interior and spatial design combines architectural knowledge, project management and creative design skills.
Interior and spatial designers are involved in the design or renovation of internal spaces, including structural alterations, furnishings, fixtures and fittings, lighting and colour schemes.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop initial ideas and acquire key information about potential projects, discuss requirements in detail with clients (the brief) and set project schedules;
• Understand clients' needs and the needs of the people using the building to develop design concepts and establish final briefs;
• Consider materials and costs according to set budgets and negotiate project fees;
• Conduct feasibility studies for projects;
• Research and gather information and photographs relating to the project;
• Produce 'sample' or 'mood' boards to present to clients;
• Source products, e.g. fittings, furniture, lighting, finishes, decoration and dressing, and provide samples for clients;
• Prepare detailed working drawings, designs, plans, models and schemes, often using computer-aided design (CAD) software;
• Survey buildings;
• Work in a team with other designers;
• Supervise work at the design stage and on-site;
• Work closely with quantity surveyors to establish costs and work schedules on larger projects, with architects and other design professionals to determine the best use of space, and with manufacturers and contractors;
• Identify new business and sell services to potential clients;
• Keep up to date with new developments in the design industry.
Skills and Abilities
You will need to have:
• A high level of technical knowledge, including CAD and model-making skills;
• Good drawing skills, including perspective drawing and spatial awareness;
• Creativity and imagination;
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, to write briefs, promote and explain ideas, and build relationships with clients;
• An awareness of building and safety regulations;
• Knowledge of the wider construction and design industries;
• Project management skills, including the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines;
• Attention to detail;
• Organisational and creative problem-solving skills;
• Good negotiating and management skills;
• The ability to work in a team with other professionals;
• A flexible attitude;
• Business, finance and marketing skills.
Interested candidates need have;
• A degree in any of the following;
- 3D design;
- interior architecture;
- interior design;
- spatial design.
- fine art;
- furniture design;
- graphic design;
- product design;
- textile design.
• Proven working experience.
Mode of Application
• Interested candidates should forward their CV details to philyarkintegrated @gmail.com
• Candidates can also opt to send their Fullnames, Date of Birth, Current contact address, Valid phone number, Age, Years of experience and Job applying for to 07063729232
• Candidates can also opt to send their Fullnames, Date of Birth, Current contact address, Valid phone number, Age, Years of experience and Job applying for to the advert message box.
• Candidates should comply with all requirements and instructions enlisted failure to do so will lead to AUTOMATIC disqualification.
• Candidates should only call the phone number attached to the advert daily during working hours of 8am-4pm (Monday-Saturday).
• Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted