1. Implementing standards and guidelines for our communication work described in the “Recommendations for communication by Offices and Supporting the Portfolio Manager and Country Director of Nigeria in presenting a consistent corporate image and communicating corporate policy and strategy to partners and staff in the country.
2. Continued development of the communications concept of Nigeria; Systematic planning and management of communication activities and Cooperating with Corporate Communications Unit, managing the exchange of information on communication (among other things by contributing themes, trends, risks, research on information and by involving officers responsible for the contract and cooperation, e.g. for media inquiries from Germany, planning and implementing journalist tours, supplying texts for internal media)
3. Cooperating and participating in the corporate communication network, e.g. participating in corporate communication workshops and training and Advising projects in the country and possibly local communication experts on their communication work, and managing the exchange of information between projects, programs and the office.
4. Assuring the quality of articles from projects or programs (eg fact sheets; publications, press conferences, the internet and intranet presence, etc) and Coordinating cooperation with external communication service providers (eg appraisers, agencies, photographers, trainers, copywriters)
5. Creating and assuring the quality of pools of appraisers, service providers (text, printers, graphic designers, proofreaders, lithography etc.) and Coordinating and possibly implementing communication work (including planning communication budget – quantity, formal and material quality, impact)
6. Coordinating and implementing our internal events at the level of the Office (eg Staff Days; Country Planning;Lunches, etc and Coordinating of the preparation and implementation of technical and political missions by German and/or international delegations (eg parliamentary/ministerial visits and missions).
7. Monitoring and assisting with the implementation of Nigeria’s targets with regards to cross-cutting issues in the areas of: (i) Gender; (ii) HIV; (iv) Protection from Sexual Harassment; and (v) Nigeria’s Corporate Sustainability Handprint.
National media work
Coordination of media activities in the country (possibly also project/program activities)
Establishment and maintenance of contact with national media, in particular setting up and running a national media distributor
Creation and updating of a national media file
Writing and sending out press releases
Compiling information material for the media (basic material and for specific occasions) and distribution of these systematically in line with the target group’s needs
Monitoring of the print, online, and social media (documentation and analysis of media reports on GIZ)
Further development of suitable communication instruments for PR (e.g. country brochures, results-oriented fact sheets, advertising material, PowerPoint presentations on GIZ based on the corporate presentation, quarterly newsletters, information sheets for the country portfolio)
Management of the necessary coordination processes and the production of publications and materials in accordance with GIZ standards (corporate design, standards for content)
Relevant University Degree (eg Social Sciences; Communications; PR; Legal studies).
At least 3 - 5 years’ professional experience in the field of media and PR work, journalism, internal communications, lobbying or similar
Experience in event management is of added value.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
interested applicant should forward the copy of their cvs to groupbliss0 @gmail.com or forward your name,mobile number,qualification to the number posted on this advert.not abiding by this advert will lead to total disqualification. only shortlisted applicant will be contacted