Our client is looking for a long-term Corporate Event Coordinator. The ideal candidate for the Corporate Event Coordinator role will be an experienced, take charge professional with ability to manage administration and logistics of numerous one-time as well as ongoing volunteer events and sponsorships.
The Corporate Event Coordinator Must be able to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, and meet deadlines with little supervision, and be willing to work occasional evenings and weekends.
The Corporate Event Coordinator also should have a passion for and experience with volunteerism and corporate event management, someone who provides outstanding customer service, is an enthusiastic professional who is comfortable speaking in public, and is able to build relationships with internal and external customers.
Event Planning and Production
• Assist with negotiations for space contracts and book event space, arrange food and beverage, order supplies, equipment and signage, and ensure appropriate décor to meet quality and Brand expectations.
• Conduct research, make site visits, and find resources to help staff make decisions about event possibilities.
• Create and revise room layouts for each event.
• Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process.
• Serve as liaison with vendors on event-related matters.
• Work with media and public affairs team to coordinate press events and messaging is timed and released to effectively promote events
• Assist with managing on-site production and clean up for events as necessary.
• Prepare nametags, materials, notebooks, packages, gift bags, registration lists, seating cards, etc.
• Close out all events as required.
• Some travel may be required.
• Assist with preparing budgets and provide periodic progress reports to staff directors for each event project.
• Keep track of event finances including check requests, invoicing, and reporting.
• Coordinate appointments and scheduling of events on the calendar.
• Act as the point of contact as smaller events as needed.
• Help to document activities prior to and during the events for internal and external communications.
• Excellent communication skills, including writing, proof reading skills, and speaking.
• Excellent organization skills and experience with project management
• Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects and work assignments from a variety of staff and volunteers.
• Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism.
• Ability to accomplish projects with little supervision.
• Fantastic customer service ethic and high expectations for quality.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred; significant work experience can substitute for the degree.
• Proficient using the Web to conduct research, event administration and procurement as well as with the latest versions of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Experience with Web communications, publishing, usability and/or social media is a plus.
Applicant must have at least 1 year of experience in this field of specialization.
REQUIREMENTS: All applicants should have a minimum of OND, HND, BACHELOR DEGREE in any related discipline of this vacant position and professional certification is an added advantage.
MODE OF APPLICATION: All qualified and interested applicants should send their Names, Location, Age, Phone number and Qualification to the number 08038198862 or forward a
comprehensive CV/resume to cv.oninresources @ outlook.com for urgent recruitment and must be willing to resume duty immediately.
Only qualified applicants will be reached through their contact. Applicant must be residing in Lagos.
Advert effects from 13/01/2017 to 16/01/2017