Dancers use movement, gesture and body language to portray a character, story, situation or abstract concept to an audience, usually to the accompaniment of music. This usually involves interpreting the work of a choreographer, although it may sometimes require improvisation.
* Preparing for and attending auditions and casting sessions.
* Getting ready for performances, by rehearsing and exercising.
* Performing to live audiences and for television, film and music video productions.
* Studying and creating choreography.
* Discussing and interpreting choreography.
* Learning and using other skills such as singing and acting - many roles, for example in musical theatre, require a combination of performance skills.
* Looking after costumes and equipment.
* Taking care of the health and safety of others, which requires knowledge and observation of physiology and anatomy, as well as safe use of premises and equipment.
* Teaching dance, either privately or in the public sector.
* Working in dance development and promotion, encouraging and enabling people, especially children, to become involved in dance and to understand and appreciate it.
* Running workshops in the community, for example with groups of disabled people.
* Undertaking administrative, promotional or stage management work, particularly in a small company or if setting up your own company.
* Liaising with arts and dance organizations, theaters and other venues regarding funding and contracts.
* A thorough knowledge of dance and its related issues.
* Physical fitness, stamina and perseverance.
* Motivation and discipline.
* Communication and interpersonal skills.
* Confidence and self-belief.
* The ability to adapt to the different disciplines of TV, film and theater.
* Team working skills.
* Ability to make contacts and promote current work.
Training to become a dancer often starts from a very young age, particularly for classical ballet, but many other dancers start training in their teens or even when they are at university.
It is vital to have a high level of training and ability in at least one form of dance, for example:
* Classical ballet;
* Modern stage dance;
* Contemporary dance;
* Street dance
* African or Asian dance.
Mode of Application
• Interested candidates should forward their CV details to the HR through smartzinsolutions @gmail.com
• Candidates can also opt to send their Fullnames, Date of Birth, Current contact address, Valid phone number, Age, Years of experience and Job applying for to 08*********
• Candidates can also opt to send their Fullnames, Date of Birth, Current contact address, Valid phone number, Age, Years of experience and Job applying for to the advert message box.
• Candidates should comply with all requirements and instructions enlisted failure to do so will lead to AUTOMATIC disqualification.
• Candidates should only call the phone number attached to the advert daily during working hours of 8am-4pm (Monday-Saturday).
• Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.
Please read safety tips
• Do not pay in advance even for the delivery.
• Please, check the background of the company!
• DO NOT PAY for ANY certificates, form applications, etc