The job of an Insurance Agent is to find customers who are interested in buying insurance policies, such as health, property-liability and life insurance. These agents protect policyholders against possible financial losses, large medical bills, damages to property or theft, and other circumstances included in the insurance terms.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Call on policyholders to deliver and explain policy, to analyze insurance program and suggest additions or changes, or to change beneficiaries.
- Calculate premiums and establish payment method.
- Customize insurance programs to suit individual customers, often covering a variety of risks.
- Sell various types of insurance policies to businesses and individuals on behalf of insurance companies, including automobile, fire, life, property, medical and dental insurance or specialized policies such as marine, farm/crop, and medical malpractice.
- Interview prospective clients to obtain data about their financial resources and needs, the physical condition of the person or property to be insured, and to discuss any existing coverage.
- Seek out new clients and develop clientele by networking to find new customers and generate lists of prospective clients.
- Explain features, advantages and disadvantages of various policies to promote sale of insurance plans.
- Contact underwriter and submit forms to obtain binder coverage.
- Ensure that policy requirements are fulfilled, including any necessary medical examinations and the completion of appropriate forms.
- Confer with clients to obtain and provide information when claims are made on a policy.
- Perform administrative tasks, such as maintaining records and handling policy renewals.
- Select company that offers type of coverage requested by client to underwrite policy.
- Monitor insurance claims to ensure they are settled equitably for both the client and the insurer.
- Develop marketing strategies to compete with other individuals or companies who sell insurance.
- Attend meetings, seminars and programs to learn about new products and services, learn new skills, and receive technical assistance in developing new accounts.
- Inspect property, examining its general condition, type of construction, age, and other characteristics, to decide if it is a good insurance risk.
- Install bookkeeping systems and resolve system problems.
- Plan and oversee incorporation of insurance program into bookkeeping system of company.
- Explain necessary bookkeeping requirements for customer to implement and provide group insurance program.
- A successful candidate must possess minimum of diploma or a bachelor’s degree in accounting, economics, business, mathematics, or other similar fields.
- Continuing education through conferences, courses and other means is beneficial and can increase the demand/salary of a candidates.
- Must possess minimum of 2 years working experience.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent public speaking skills, interpersonal skills;
- Effective written and communication skills;
- Organizational and time-management skills;
- Problem-solving and analytical skills as well as advanced knowledge in computer programs, local and national insurance laws, business principles and different types of insurance policies.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
All interested and qualified applicants should:
- Forward their CV to the HR through crestbaylogistics @gmail.com or
- All shortlisted candidates will be contacted