As an insurance broker you will use your in-depth knowledge of risks and the insurance market to find and arrange suitable insurance policies and arrange cover for your clients.
You will act as an intermediary between your clients, who can either be individuals, commercial businesses and organisations, and insurance companies, and will offer products from more than one insurer to ensure that your clients get the best deal.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Gather information from your clients, assessing their insurance needs and risk profile.
* Research insurance companies' policies and negotiate with underwriters to find the most suitable insurance for your clients at the best price.
* Ensure that your clients understand the terms and the extent of the cover provided in line with industry regulations.
* Foresee your clients' insurance needs, such as policy renewals or amendments.
* Advise your clients on whether and when they need to make a claim on their policies.
* Arrange specialized types of insurance cover in complex cases; this may involve preparing reports for insurance underwriters and surveyors and negotiating with insurers.
* Advise your clients on risk management and help to devise new ways to mitigate risks, for example, by adding security measures such as fencing, surveillance cameras or lighting to commercial properties to reduce the likelihood of a break-in.
* Build and maintain ongoing relationships with your clients.
* Acquire new clients and win accounts against competitors.
* Keep detailed records and complete administrative tasks such as paperwork and correspondence.
* Develop relationships with underwriters, surveyors, photographers, structural engineers and other professionals.
* Keep up with changes in the insurance market and in your clients' industries.
* Collect insurance premiums and process accounts.
JOB SKILL AND ABILITIES
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
* The confidence to advise and negotiate with clients and underwriters;
* Ability to build, manage and develop relationships;
* Numerical skills;
* Business acumen and commercial awareness;
* Ability to plan and manage your time and to work on a number of projects concurrently;
* Strong problem-solving and analytical skills;
* The ability to work well in a team;
* A flexible approach to work;
* An understanding of client confidentiality and how to be discreet;
* Administrative and IT skills.
Interested candidates should have;
* A post-secondary degree preferably in marketing, financial services or related field
* However, studying a subject such as economics, maths, business studies or marketing may boost your chances of securing an entry-level position.
* Proven working experience. Applicants may even have a master’s degree in marketing, financial services.
* Professional certificate(s) and qualification(s) might be an added advantage
MODE OF APPLICATION
* Interested candidates should forward their CV details to broadviewstrategies @gmail.com
* Candidates can also opt to send their Full names, Date of Birth, Current contact address, Valid phone number, Age, Years of experience and Job applying for to
* Candidates can also opt to send their Full names, Date of Birth, Current contact address, Valid phone number, Age, Years of experience and Job applying for to the advert message box.
* Candidates should comply with all requirements and instructions enlisted failure to do so will lead to AUTOMATIC disqualification.
* Candidates should only call the phone number attached to the advert daily during working hours of 8am-4pm (Monday-Saturday).
* Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted