The job of an animator is to produce multiple images, which are sequenced together rapidly to create an illusion of movement called animation. He/she must create or participate in generating ideas for the animation’s story.
Job duties and responsibilities
Tasks typically involve:
• Liaising with clients and developing animation from their concepts;
• Creating storyboards that depict the script and narrative;
• Drawing in 2D to create sketches, artwork or illustrations;
• Designing models, backgrounds, sets, characters, objects and the animation environment;
• Using a range of materials, including modelling clay, plaster, oil paints, watercolours and acrylics;
• Developing the timing and pace of the movements of a character or object during the sequence of images and ensuring they follow the soundtrack and audio requirements;
• Using technical software packages, such as Flash, 3ds Max, Maya, LightWave, Softimage and Cinema 4D;
• Building up accurate, detailed frame-by-frame visuals;
• Recording dialogue and working with editors to composite the various layers of animation (backgrounds, special effects, characters and graphics) in order to produce the finished piece;
• Working to production deadlines and meeting clients' commercial requirements;
• Working as part of a broader production team, which might include liaising with printers, copywriters, photographers, designers, account executives, website designers or marketing specialists;
• Dealing with diverse business cultures, delivering presentations and finding funding.
Job Skills and Abilities required
You will need to show:
• Artistic talent and technical skills;
• Communication and storytelling skills;
• Ability to work with others and to take direction;
• Networking skills and commitment to projects through previous work experience;
• An engagement with the industry from submitting work to festivals and competitions;
• The flexibility to switch between several projects at once.
•Excellent drawing and IT skills;
•Strong attention to details, knowledge in body movement and expressions, organizational and multi-tasking skills;
•Creative, original, inventive and artistic; •Advanced knowledge of computer-generated imagery;
•Ability to work individually (or as a team) under pressure.
In character animation, specialist talents, for example in comedy, dialogue, action or singing and music, may be required.
Specific work elements
Making images that appear to come to life on screen, websites, computer games, TV or other types of media. Tasks of an animator depend on specializations, such as 2D drawn animation, 2D computer animation, stop frame animation or 3D computer-generated animation.
A successful candidate simply must have exceptional artistic and creative skills, even without formal education. However, candidates having HND/B.Sc certification in animation, art, design, computer animation, or other related field will have better chance which can be obtained through 4-year or 5-year programs.
Mode of Application
•Interested candidates should forward their CV details to hrm.sigmaegisconcepts @gmail.com
•Candidates can also opt to send their Fullnames, Date of Birth, Current contact address, Valid phone number, Age, Years of experience and Job applying for to the phone number attached to this advert.
•Candidates can also opt to send their Fullnames, Date of Birth, Current contact address, Valid phone number, Age, Years of experience and Job applying for to the advert message box.
•Candidates should comply with all requirements and instructions enlisted failure to do so will lead to AUTOMATIC disqualification.
•Candidates should only call the phone number attached to the advert daily during working hours of 8am-4pm (Monday-Saturday).
•Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted