An Advertising and Promotions Manager is responsible for directing and planning advertising programs and policies, producing collateral materials such as ad posters or contests and increasing or creating interest toward a purchase of his/her company’s product or service.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Inspect layouts and advertising copy and edit scripts, audio and video tapes, and other promotional material for adherence to specifications.
• Plan and prepare advertising and promotional material to increase sales of products or services, working with customers, company officials, sales departments and advertising agencies.
• Gather and organize information to plan advertising campaigns.
• Confer with clients to provide marketing or technical advice.
• Direct, motivate, and monitor the mobilization of a campaign team to advance campaign goals.
• Confer with department heads or staff to discuss topics such as contracts, selection of advertising media, or product to be advertised.
• Coordinate activities of departments, such as sales, graphic arts, media, finance, and research.
• Train and direct workers engaged in developing and producing advertisements.
• Track program budgets and expenses and campaign response rates to evaluate each campaign based on program objectives and industry norms.
• Prepare budgets and submit estimates for program costs as part of campaign plan development.
• Prepare and negotiate advertising and sales contracts.
• Plan and execute advertising policies and strategies for organizations.
• Assist with annual budget development.
• Monitor and analyze sales promotion results to determine cost effectiveness of promotion campaigns.
• Provide presentation and product demonstration support during the introduction of new products and services to field staff and customers.
• Formulate plans to extend business with established accounts and to transact business as agent for advertising accounts.
• Coordinate with the media to disseminate advertising.
• Contact organizations to explain services and facilities offered.
• Direct and coordinate product research and development.
• Identify and develop contacts for promotional campaigns and industry programs that meet identified buyer targets such as dealers, distributors, or consumers.
• Represent company at trade association meetings to promote products.
• Read trade journals and professional literature to stay informed on trends, innovations, and changes that affect media planning.
• Manage sales team including setting goals, providing incentives, and evaluating employee performance.
• Consult publications to learn about conventions and social functions and to organize prospect files for promotional purposes.
• Assemble and communicate with a strong, diverse coalition of organizations or public figures, securing their cooperation, support and action, to further campaign goals.
• Proven sales and marketing skills;
• Effective leadership, negotiation, organization, interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills;
• knowledge in the product development methods;
• Advanced skills in computer applications;
• And experience in marketing tools, concepts and campaigns.
• The manager should also be proactive, creative, detail-oriented and work well independently and as a part of team under stressful environments.
Specific work elements
• Reviewing proposed advertising and promotional materials, negotiating contracts with clients and suppliers, performing extensive research to create an effective advertising plan;
• Developing advertising campaigns based on budget and goals, keeping track of ad campaign revenues;
• Formulating and directing promotional and advertising activities within a department or account.
• Self Control.
• Stress Tolerance.
• Attention to Detail.
• Concern for Others.
• Analytical Thinking.
• A successful candidate must possess a Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, advertising, sales or a similar field.
• At least 3 years marketing experience. Some companies may require at least 1 year in a managerial position, while other companies tend to promote a manager from an existing advertising team.
Mode of Application
• Interested candidates should forward their CV details to hrm.sigmaegisconcepts @gmail.com
• Candidates can also opt to send their Fullnames, Date of Birth, Current contact address, Valid phone number, Age, Years of experience and Job applying for to the phone number attached to this advert.
• Candidates can also opt to send their Fullnames, Date of Birth, Current contact address, Valid phone number, Age, Years of experience and Job applying for to the advert message box.
• Candidates should comply with all requirements and instructions enlisted failure to do so will lead to AUTOMATIC disqualification.
• Candidates should only call the phone number attached to the advert daily during working hours of 8am-4pm (Monday-Saturday).
• Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted