Under the general direction of the Chief Financial Officer, the Deputy Chief Accounting and Financial Officer is responsible for managing and coordinating the work of the Finance Division comprised of Accounting, Budget, Fare Collection, and Grants. The Deputy Chief Accounting and Financial Officer shall ensure proper accounting and financial reporting of District activities in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, sound business practices, and relevant local, state, and federal regulations. This position also ensures effective systems of internal control to safeguard District resources.
* Ensures that finances are effectively and efficiently managed with sufficient controls through systems and procedures to mitigate fraud, abuse, and or waste.
* Works with the Chief Financial Officer, other Executive Team members, and District staff in developing policies and a vision for the future.
* Ensures that District financial activities and transactions are executed in compliance with regulatory requirements.
* Develops policies, procedures, and processes to promote internal controls, the safe guarding of assets, the prevention of fraud, and compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, sound business practices, and relevant local, state, and federal regulations.
* Oversee, review, and approve the preparation of monthly, annual and ad hoc financial reports.
* Review and approve analyses prepared to monitor actual financial results against budgeted amounts.
* Review, prepare, and deliver staff reports and presentations for activities requested by the Finance Division in meetings with the Board of Directors.
* Ensure accuracy and validate the fiscal impact of staff reports for activities requested by all Divisions prior to meetings with the Board of Directors.
* Review the preparation of audited financial statements, the comprehensive annual financial report , National Transit Database reporting, and the annual operating budget and capital improvement program
* Oversee the management of fare revenue system, including sale of fares, fare revenue reconciliation, system expansions or upgrades, equipment life-cycle refresh, and planning for next generation system.
* Lead the process for the District.
* Supervise the grants reporting process.
* Collaborate with other agencies to develop funding projections.
* Analyze short and long range financial planning.
* Responsible for the hiring, training, supervising, reviewing, disciplining, and terminating subordinate staff as needed and in accordance with District policy.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
HND in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, or related field required.
Minimum 3 years' prior directly relevant experience, including 3 years' prior supervisory experience.
Experience in public agency and/or transit agency preferred.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
All applicants should submit cv to hr.zizivalng @gmail.com or send name,age,qualification,phone number and position applying for to 08*********