Thank you for your interest in our products. HUEGLI
TECH has enjoyed the trust of our customers since 1929.
We are proud that our family business has grown into a world leader in Starting Solutions.
Our vast knowledge, best practices experience, and
close relationship with the market allow us to best
serve our customers. HUEGLI TECH’s Starting Solutions
and expert advice provide customers with an individual
and reliable solution that fulfills all their requirements
Let yourself be inspired by our products catalogue. For further information or advice please do not hesitate to contact us.
For a successful future, we are your partner and are at your side.
PRINCIPLES OF OPERATION:
We would like to give you a brief overview of the functional principle of our Hydraulic
Starting Systems. All systems meet the highest quality standards and are in use worldwide.
Hydraulic Starting Systems use the energy of high pressure hydraulic fl uid to quickly and effectively start engines
in the harshest of environments. Hydraulic fl uid is stored in hydro-pneumatic accumulators at pressures up to 3000
psi (210 bar). The fl uid, when released, translates into the energy needed to drive the starting motor. The kinetic
energy released from the accumulator results in the fastest delivery of torque and horsepower when compared
to other forms of engine starting. This immediate delivery of torque and horsepower means faster starting times,
and in an emergency, every second counts! This combination means that Hydraulic Starting Systems are amongst
the most effi cient methods of engine starting worldwide. Because Hydraulic Starting Systems are self-contained,
they are designed and manufactured for years of trouble free and reliable service.
DIVISIONS OF APPLICATIONS:
You will find our Hydraulic Starting Systems in many different application areas, such as:
• Offshore: Generator sets, fi re pumps, cranes, supply vessels, compressors
• Marine: Propulsion engines, lifeboats, bow thrusters
• Mining: Locomotives, tractors, loaders, transporters
• Construction and transport: lift trucks, side loaders, dump trucks, tractors, graders
• Stand-by Power Plants: hospitals, factories, computer installations, army, civil protections
• Fire Protection Systems: sprinkler systems, pumps
WHY HUEGLI TECH?
Comparing with other existing Starting Solutions on the market, you will distinguish some very signifi cant
advantages of a HUEGLI TECH Hydraulic Starting System:
• Customised solution that fulfi ls all requirements and specifi cations
• More compact and space-saving system design
• Slim and user-optimised layout with as few components as possible
• Installation, handling, service and maintenance all from one side only
• That also allows a positioning of our system on the wall or in a corner
• Available as a modular system or completely welded, for a more robust appliance
• Slim piping and fi tting with less bending, for a constant fl ow and performance
ADVANTAGES AND BENEFITS:
• Over 92% effi ciency that drives the engine faster
• Higher combustion temperature for a reliable ignition and start
• Black start capability, anywhere and anytime without any external power
• Incorporated Hand Pump guarantees system recharging posibility
• Provides the same high torque at -40 °C as at 70 °C
• Stable to harsh environments (high humidity, fl uctuating temperatur, salt atmosphere, brine, etc.)
• Shock-proof version for special exigent applications (e.g. at 16 G)
• Hydrotor with ex-proof pinion for hazardous areas (ATEX)
• Designed and manufactured to any standards and classifi cations (ASME, PED, BV, DNV, LR, GL, ABS, etc.)
• Special protective coatings to the Marine Industry, Norsok, etc.
• Virtually maintenance-free and reliable system save costs
HYDRAULIC STARTING SYSTEMS:
Each HUEGLI TECH Hydraulic Starting System is designed and manufacturer individually, according to
customers’ requirements and specifi cations. They are completely mounted on a compact frame that
simplifies the on-site installation very much. This concept eliminates time-consuming planning and piping of each single
component. Some versions allow a pre-mounted execution on reservoir or existing engine frame.
• HPS: The world’s smallest Hydraulic Starting System from HUEGLI TECH. System will be recharged by hand
pump. A space saving and economic solution for limited space.
• CPS: Very compact all-in-one Starting Solution mounted on Reservoir. Designed to fi t into an engine or
Genset frame. System will be recharged by hand pump.
• EPS: Hydraulic Starting System with a special engine driven pump for an automatic recharging as soon as
the engine runs.
• MPS: Hydraulic Starting System with an electric motor driven pump, for a remote-controlled and fully
• APS: Hydraulic Starting System with an air driven pump, for a remote-controlled and fully automatic
recharging. Suitable for applications where compressed air is available.
HUEGLI TECH always applies the best materials and components to manufacture a reliable and virtually
maintenance-free Hydraulic Starting System. A wide range of products allows us the right choices and applications
that fulfi l your high requirements and expectations. For easy service and maintenance you can count on our
support, with a multitude of spare parts and service kits. This workmanship is based on years of experience in
building Starting Systems and in developing an effi cient collaboration with Kocsis Technologies Inc. (KTI), which
supplies us with products for over 50 years.
HYDROTOR (KTI), the Technology that turns engine faster. With over 92% effi ciency HYDROTOR cranks any engine
size up to over 70 litres displacement. Even applications with two hydraulic starters are possible. With various
fl anges and confi gurations, the Hydraulic Starter can be fi tted on any engine. HYDROTOR combine the high
effi ciency of the axial piston motor which provides high torque at any temperature or environment. Together with
the Soft Engagement Valve HYDROTOR guaranties a minimum wear of the engine ring gear and the pinion. Also
available with ATEX Certifi cate for hazardous areas.
Application: Containerised Emergency Genset
Engine: MTU 16V4000
Solution: MPS-G-600A / 6 starts of 5 sec. each / BV and ATEX Certificate
*Project APS CONGO
Application: Secondary Starting System
Engine: CAT 3406
Solution: APS-B-200A-B / 6 starts of 5 sec. / ABS Certifi cation
*Project SOUTH PARS
Application: Gas Field Emergency Gensets
Engine: 4 pcs. Mitsubishi S6A30
Solution: 2 pcs. MPS-B-BE300-B / 6 starts of 5 sec. each / ASME U-Stamp and ATEX Certifi cate
PLEASE CONTACT US FOR BROCHURES AND DATASHEETS