Private tutors provide one-on-one educational assistance to elementary and students. As an elementary school tutor, you may help children (year 3-5) improve their skills in reading, writing or math. As a primary school tutor, you may help students (year 3- 5) with English, history, science, math, French or other subjects. Tutors for literacy, English, Logic French or other languages, or other subjects. Generally, you are self-employed and operate a tutoring business. You may also work for a company that specializes in tutoring services or a community literacy organization. Generally, private tutors:
• Work with students to improve their skills in certain subjects.
• Prepare lessons, and assign and correct homework.
• Prepare and correct tests.
• Evaluate students' progress and discuss the results with students and/or their parents.
• Identify students' individual learning needs.