Bait Stations are mandatory in any situation where there is a risk of poisoning to non-target species, pets or children. Rotimax Integrated Services Ltd stocks a range of pre-baited bait stations for amateur / DIY use, making it easier for home owners to deploy rodenticde with reduced risk. We also supply from stock, a huge range of professional bait stations, designed with the pest controller in mind, offering robust, quick to service products.
Bait stations are used to contain rodenticide in a tamper-proof enclosure. Some bait stations can be used both indoors and outdoors, others are designed specifically for either indoor or outdoor use only. Bait stations for rats differ greatly in size to bait stations for mice, make sure you select an appropriate bait station for the type of rodents you are tackling.
Bait stations can be used to contain grain, paste and block bait formulations and are re-usable. At the end of a baiting programme it is advisable to leave the bait station in place, either empty or, better-still, loaded with non-toxic monitoring bait, as rats in particular are neophobic which means wary of new things and will take time to adjust to a new bait box being put down. As such they may avoid the bait box initially, which extends the length of time that it can take for bait acceptance and to gain control over a rodent infestation.
Bait stations have many benefits:
• Rodents feel safe and secure inside the bait station meaning that they will feed on rodenticide for longer periods.
• In outdoor situations bait stations protect the rodenticide from the worst of the weather, prolonging the service life of the rodenticide and reducing costs.
• Containing rodenticide in a bait station reduces the risk of spillage and hence reduces the risk of poisoning non-target species.
• Most bait stations are built to be tamper-proof, especially outdoor units, meaning that they are resistant to vandalism, inquisitive children and non-target animals.
• Bait stations allow the user to monitor rodenticide consumption easily as the bait can easily be checked visually