School Health programs are services provided through the school system to improve the health and well being of the children. These centre around early detection, correction, prevention and amelioration of disease, disability and abuse of which children can suffer from.
A health promoting school aims to enable pupils, staff and the community it serves to take action for a healthier life, school and society.
In action, a health promoting school has a physically and socially safe and supportive school community which reinforces and extends what is taught in the classroom and also links with families, community health services, media and other influential groups who also shape individual and community health.
1. Appraise the health status of pupils and health personnel through pre entry school, routine medical examinations.
2. Understand the health needs and conditions of the students and school community.
3. Provide basic services for disease prevention and management of injuries in the school.
4. Awakening health consciousness in children to develop and demonstrate increasingly sophisticated health related knowledge, skills, attitudes and practices.
5. Build school capacity to identify, treat, and manage simple illnesses, injuries, infections and infestations
SUMMARY OF SERVICE OFFERINGS
• Safe School Healthy Program
• Basic First aid/fire training ( Students and Staff)
• Comprehensive safety assessment of school
• Food Handlers Test
• Pre School Check
Services Rendering at Client Location: Yes