SUITABILITY FOR “MANAGING DIRECTOR” ROLE IN A MORTGAGE BANK
• I hold a First Degree in Finance & Banking of University of Lagos (1988), in addition to TWO (2) Master’s Degrees, including Master of Banking & Finance (MBF) of University of Lagos (2000), and Master of Business Administration (MBA) of University of Nigeria, Nsukka (2001).
• I possess multifaceted skills and aggregate work experience of thirty (30) years including 19 years in Senior & Executive Management roles, and functioning as Executive Director and Chief Operating Officer (COO), as well as holding Board-Level Executive Management Positions across several industries of MORTGAGE BANKING, COMMERCIAL & INVESTMENT BANKING, REAL ESTATE & CONSTRUCTION, QUARRY, TRADE & LOGISTICS, TELECOMMUNICATIONS & DIGITAL TECHNOLOGY, ENERGY (Oil, Gas & Power), etc. I possess a unique advantage of extensively and successfully developing MORTGAGE BANKING cum REAL ESTATE business relationships and commercial transactions across the SIX Geo-Political
Regions in Southern and Northern Nigeria including the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
• I attained the height of Executive Director & COO in BOTH mortgage and commercial banking industries functioning in critical roles of Mortgage Lending, Mortgage Capital Sourcing & Refinancing, Strategic Business Development, Relationship Management, Real Estate Investment Financing, Private Equity Capital Raising, etc. I was instrumental to nurturing and transforming several mortgage and real estate businesses, as well as special purpose vehicles, including Central Cement & Logistics Limited which was an international company in the real estate value chain that entered into a strategic multi-million Dollar partnership with a world class Group (LAFARGE Group of France) for rapid expansion of the major markets in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), North Central and North Western Nigeria. We conceptualised and executed novel and landmark real estate projects including the Park & Ride Scheme, Multi-floors Parking Scheme, magnificent passenger bus terminals of international standard and the combined residential and business building facilities in dedicated communities in Abuja, Kaduna and Kano.
• I possess the ability to raise capital for various mortgage and real estate projects. In my capacity as a Chief Operating Officer (COO), I turned around the Aquila Group AND First Independent Global Group by uplifting their flagship real estate subsidiaries to first-rate brands, thereby attracting notable foreign investors to partake in their ownership and investments.
• On the role of Executive Director/Chief Operating Officer (COO), I initiated and anchored the transformation of Nigeria’s oldest, largest & most capitalised non-aligned Mortgage Banking Group (ABBEY Mortgage Bank PLC) to an INTERNATIONAL BRAND by leading the World Bank and FMO (the biggest Funding Institution in Europe) to invest substantially in the Bank, thereby making it to become the FIRST mortgage bank in Nigeria to hold foreign share capital!
• I have strong networking capabilities for winning mortgage and real estate businesses, coupled with my wide business contacts and strong clout among top Executives/Key Decision-makers. I am highly entrepreneurial, creative and excellent in mortgage banking strategy and transformation.
• I am a consistent Winner of several PERFORMANCE AWARDS, in addition to numerous LETTERS OF COMMENDATION from successive Employers during the past thirty (30) years of work career!