IBM SPSS Statistical Analysis Course Outline
SOUTECH Web Consults – (a smart and budding Information Technology (IT) firm with innovative, intelligent, knowledgeable and experienced consultants, trainers and developers.
To be efficient in IT service delivery and management you need core practical training from SOUTECH Web Consults to help you in:
-Critical thinking and problem solving skills
-Creativity and innovation skills
SPSS is a statistics and data analysis program for businesses, governments, research institutes, and academic organizations. In these tutorials, Expert tutors at SOUTECH Web Consults takes a practical, visual, and non-mathematical approach to SPSS. From importing spreadsheets to creating regression models, to exporting charts, this course covers all the basics, with an emphasis on clarity, interpretation, communicability, and application. We will help you:
-Build charts, scatterplots, and box plots
-Calculate descriptive statistics such as means and standard deviations
-Use inferential statistics such as t-tests and chi-squares
-Enter and read data
-Create new variables and crosstabulations
-Model associations with correlations, contingency tables, and multiple-regression analysis
-Format and export presentations to share your data
Plus, learn how to extend the power of SPSS with Python and R. This course is ideal for first-time and advanced researchers and those who want to make the most of data in their professional and academic work.
The goal of the course is to increase knowledge and requisite skills of participants on the use of SPSS and to enable them make the most of this powerful software package while allowing them to work independently with SPSS on their own data and provide a solid foundation for advanced data analysis work.
Who should attend?
Students and researchers in academics or industry practitioners familiar with statistical processes.
At the end of the course, participants should be able to:
• To be able to perform a wide range of data management tasks in SPSS application
• Understand the basic workings of SPSS, and perform basic statistical analyses.
• To perform database management tasks, descriptive statistics and graphics, and basic inferential statistics for comparisons and correlations.
• To perform data checking and create simple tables and charts.
• To perform advanced analysis in SPSS
The course is organized in modules and each module covers a reasonable content to enable participants connect and progress successively in the next modules.
Module I - Getting Started: What is SPSS?
• What is it used for?
• Installing SPSS
• The SPSS interface
• The SPSS Screens/Windows
• The toolbars
• File handling best practices
Module II - Entering Data
• Getting familiar with the Data Editor
• Entering Variables in the Variable View (aka creating the template)
• Entering cases in the Data View
• Opening an existing SPSS Data File
• Importing files from other programs (MS Access, MS Excel)
Module III - Manipulating Data
• Selecting (Excluding)
Module IV - Summary Statistics
• Summarizing categorical variables
• Frequency procedure
• Summarizing scale (continuous) variables
• Measures of Central Tendency (Mean and Median)
• Measures of Dispersion (Range, STD Deviation, Minimum, Maximum, Percentiles)
• Case summaries
• OLAP Cubes
Module V - Charts
• Univariate Bar chart
• Clustered bar chart
• Scatter Plot
Module VI - Inferential Statistics: Association
• Introduction to inferential statistics
• Bivariate Correlation
• Simple Regression
Module VII - Inferential Statistics: Mean Differerences
• One Sample T-Test
• Independent Samples T-Test
• Paired Samples T-Test
• One Factor ANOVA
Module VIII - Inferential Statistics: Non-Parametric tests
• Chi-Square of Independence
• Chi-Square of Goodness of Fit
Module VIII - Exporting & Reporting
• Exporting to MS Word
• Exporting to MS Excel
• Exporting to MS PowerPoint
1. Pay Training fee of N35,000 before training start date
2. Commence your training at SOUTECH Training Venue
Payment can be made via our website on the Register page or through Bank deposit/transfer.
*Please remember to notify us after successful payment or sending a payment notification directly to this email address: , 0********* ,Venue: SOUTECH VENTURES, by Redeemed Christian Church Karu, Corner Shops, Karu, Abuja
• Venue: SOUTECH VENTURES, by Redeemed Christian Church Karu, Corner Shops, Karu, Abuja
• Real-life application and understanding
• Conducive learning environment
• Participants get a Certificate of Training
• Restricted and interactive classes
• Service comes with all necessary softwares
• Soft copy training(Videos and eBooks) materials will be available
• Qualified and experienced facilitators
• Get a full Video/Audio recording of the training (No need for refresher class)
• Full certification course (Good for your CV)
• Job/Internship placement support (Optional)
• Customized soft copy of training materials will be provided
• Organized and efficient training process
• Tea/Cofee Breaks and Snacks to be provided
• Conducive air conditioned learning environment and Parking Space
DONT Miss this opportunity!
OTHER COURSES AT SOUTECH
Course Weekdays Weekends Cost(N)
Mobile App. Development 19th-23rd,26th-30th - 40,000
PMP and Project 2013 Software 26th-30th - 30,000
Ethical Hacking & Cyber Security 20th -23rd - 50,000
Graphics & Branding 13th-16th, 20th, 21st - 35,000
Networking(Comptia N+) 28th -1st Oct. - 25,000
Auto CAD 26th Sept. -1st Oct. - 40,000
QuickBooks/Peachtree Accounting 19th-24th - 35,000
MS Office 2013 Training 19th-23rd, 27th -30th 17th, 18th, 24th,25th 30,000