Experienced nurse licensed in Nigeria with strong clinical and people skills, ensuring high standards of culturally competent care for wide variety of patients with diverse needs. Registered nurse with eighteen months experience in clinical settings providing nursing care.
Seeking for the position of a Registered Nurse, in a challenging and demanding healthcare facility where exceptional combination of theoretical and clinical skills is required to effectively perform the standard nursing procedure of assessing, planning, implementing and reviewing patient care and where my knowledge, abilities and nursing skills will be utilized in providing suitable care and development of my career.
Closely monitored acute conditions.
• Vital signs.
• Medication administration.
• Ante natal and post-natal health teachings.
• Child and Adult immunization.
• Monitored intravenous fluid administration and output.
• HIV counselling and testing.
• Closely monitored acute conditions.
• Instructed patients and family members on proper discharge care.
• Liaised between patients and physicians to ensure patient comprehension of treatment plans.
• Monitored patients’ reactions to drugs and carefully documented progress of individuals participating in clinical trials.
• Developed and implemented nursing care plans.
• Documented patient information obtained from interviews.
• Developed patient care plans, including assessments, evaluation and nursing diagnosis.
• Performed basic physical assessments of newborn and infants.
• Ensured efficacy of treatments through monitoring of treatment regimens.
• Followed infection control procedures.
• Monitored fluid intake and output levels and feeding.
• Administered medications and documented.
• Assisted patients with daily functions.
• Measured urine and delivered specimens to the lab.
• Assisted patient with feeding, bathing, dressing, lifting and transferring.
• Assisted doctors with minor surgical procedures and non-invasive procedures.
• Maintained all confidential personal files.
• Performed monthly inventory and maintained office and medical supply counts.
• Scheduled patients’ admissions and discharge.
• Conducted mandated health screenings, physicals and special health education assessments. Ensured external follow up where required.
• Primary care, assessment and evaluation of neonatal and pediatric patients.
• Examined patients and dispensed medications as needed.
• Effective counseling in health maintenance and disease management