Responsible for using a variety of techniques to mold and create aesthetically pleasing three-dimensional objects, including carving, shaping clay, whittling, or chiseling. Materials used in sculpting include stone, concrete, marble, bronze, gold, plaster, and wood.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Model three-dimensional substances including stone, marble, concrete, plaster, wood to create forms.
• Use metalworking, welding, carving, whittling, chiseling, or shaping to construct artistic forms.
• Utilize tools such as chisels, gouges, and mallets to create objects.
• Cut and carve images out of blocks of wood, plaster or stone.
• Reference lifelike or living models while creating object.
• Refer to photographs or scenery for inspiration.
• Incorporate sound, light and motion into the artwork.
• Use clay or wax to shape objects.
• Cut, twist, laminate, secure, and fasten raw and manufactured materials.
• Use finger or small hand tools to smooth out rough edges or carve details.
• Cast substances in bronze or concrete.
• Teach about sculpting techniques and mediums.
• Reach out to galleries to exhibit work.
• Showcase objects at trade shows.
• Negotiate prices.
• Form catalogues or portfolios to exhibit work.
• Arrange to have sculptures shown in museums or universities.
• Select materials for new projects.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Equipment Selection -- Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
• Originality -- The ability to come up with unusual or clever ideas about a given topic or situation, or to develop creative ways to solve a problem.
• Visualization -- The ability to imagine how something will look after it is moved around or when its parts are moved or rearranged.
• Manual Dexterity -- The ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
• Finger Dexterity -- The ability to make precisely coordinated movements of the fingers of one or both hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble very small objects.
• Fluency of Ideas -- The ability to come up with a number of ideas about a topic (the number of ideas is important, not their quality, correctness, or creativity).
Interested applicants should have;
• HND/B.Sc in Art and Industrial Design/Sculptor or related field.
• Proven working experiemce.
• Pgd/M.Sc and/or professional/workshop certificate might be an added advantages.
Mode of Application
• Interested candidates should forward their CV details to hrm.sigmaegisconcepts @gmail.com
• Candidates can also opt to send their Fullnames, Date of Birth, Current contact address, Valid phone number, Age, Years of experience and Job applying for to 08*********
• Candidates should comply with all requirements and instructions enlisted failure to do so will lead to AUTOMATIC disqualification.
• Candidates should only call the phone number attached to the advert daily during working hours of 8am-4pm (Monday-Saturday).
• Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted