The Director of Entertainment plans, directs, manages and oversees a variety of entertainment such as major concerts and supervises traditional entertainment to include singers, bands, comedy and nightclub shows; oversees the ongoing and daily performance of vendors, suppliers and contractors to achieve project schedule, budget and quality; manages, analyzes and forecasts costs and return on investment per booking; provides highly responsible and complex support to the Executive Vice President of Marketing; and performs related tasks within area of assignment.
* Assumes management responsibility for managing, attracting, contracting and delivering a variety of entertainment such as major concerts and supervises traditional entertainment to include singers, bands, comedy and nightclub shows; oversees ongoing and daily performance of vendors, suppliers and contractors to achieve project schedule, budget and quality; manages and forecasts costs and return on investment per booking.
* Manages company goals, objectives and priorities for each assigned service area; recommends and administer policies and procedures.
* Assists the property and regional Marketing Departments in the development of the yearly entertainment plan and identifies cross property routing opportunities.
* Generates innovative ideas for entertainment and event concept development.
* Coordinates the purchase of showroom entertainment to include the negotiation, proforma development, show advancing and post show analysis.
* Partners with marketing to develop web, direct mail, email and social media strategies.
* Develops the department operating budget and produces monthly budget variance reports; develops strategic financial, operational, artistic and technical plans for show proposals.
* Oversees the production of all hotel special events that take place in the theaters/events spaces (i.e. boxing, casino events, etc.); helps oversee the production of all performance in the theaters.
* Links with other departments serviced by the Entertainment Department to determine and execute their requirements.
* May monitor all aspects of mechanical production and live performance of every live show, all incidental musicians, all mechanically reproduced entertainment and ever special event in the hotel to assure the highest quality possible.
* Responds to and resolves difficult and sensitive inquiries and complaints; designs and implements improvement and renovation plans in conjunction with other departments and all concerned when assigned to each performance venue.
* May oversee the box office operations when needed; and may arrange the booking of lounge acts and atmosphere program to ensure acts meet quality and marketing position of properties.
* Attends and participates in professional group meetings; maintains awareness of new trends and innovations in the industry standard, state of the art technical innovations and the competitive environment.
* Performs related duties and responsibilities as required.
Bachelor’s degree in performing arts or a related field, plus seven (3) years experience in entertainment department management to include experience booking and contracting entertainment, theater operations, budget preparation, reporting and supervisory experience.
Must successfully pass background check
Must successfully pass an alcohol and drug screening
Must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age
Travel up to 50% of the time
HOW TO APPLY
Applicant for this position should send CV to hr.newmaclogistics @gmail.com
Lagos resident will be preferred and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
send name, age, phone number, qualification and position applying for to the phone number attached to the advert or to the message box above