Solve everyday PC problems, improve performance and speed, and protect yourself from malicious attacks with the helpful tips in this user-friendly guide. Easy-to-follow "recipes" show you, click-by-click, how to prevent computer catastrophes and recover completely from unavoidable disasters. Don't be held hostage by hackers or overpaid computer technicians. Learn how to maintain and upgrade your own PC and have fun in the process.
Inside, you'll learn to:
• Avoid disasters caused by computer , hackers, and hard disk crashes
• Use Scandisk and Defragment to find and repair hard drive problems before it's too late
• Remove spyware, Trojan horses, unnecessary temp files, and unused programs
• Eliminate pop-ups, spam, email hoaxes, and unwanted Internet solicitations
• Manage cookies, temporary Internet files, and Web browser preferences
• Defend against worms and Denial-of-Service attacks with firewall and