WORK EXPERIENCE WITH DATES
Lecturer, 2010 – Till Date
Emmanuel Alayande College of Education, Oyo & Ekiti State University
• Courses taught include:
Software Engineering, including software engineering process models, requirement engineering, object oriented analysis and design, programming and implementation, testing, documentation and software metrics.
Structured Programming, which include identification of structured programming approaches, and implementing the control structures to improve the quality of programs.
Software performance and evaluation,
Visual Basic and C/C++ programming including theory and practical and ability to link any relational database management systems such as Oracle, Mysql, Access etcetera.
Computer Education Methods which involves identifying various modern training methods in information and communication technology, and best practices in ICT, introducing the learners to the concept of curriculum and identifying components of curriculum that promote for effective teaching and learning,
Information and Computer Ethics which involves introducing the learners to ICT ethical issues, policy guidelines, and governance, ICT ethical behaviors, components of policy formulation, organizations involved in ethical and policy formulation, and principles of project management using Prince 2 methodology etcetera.
Managing Consultant, 1994 – 2009
Greenwich Specialities Ltd, Ikeja, Lagos
• Design and implementation of Point of Sale software for OANDO PLC. POS is a software that managed the sales function from when a product is ordered, product is lifted into compartments of different retailer trucks, and delivered into filling stations. It also monitors the payment and issuing of receipts to dealers on account and issuance of sales invoices, credit and debit notes where necessary.
• Design and implementation of Accounting entries system for OANDO PLC. Used to achieve a paperless environment in OANDO where all entries of account payables and receivables were managed. All vendor payments are monitored from the point of receiving their invoices to the point of releasing cash or cheques and approvals by relevant authorities within the organization were actioned using the software.
• Design and implementation of warehouse inventory system for OANDO PLC. The software used to capture all warehouse purchases of components, parts, and equipment for maintenance. Components and parts used to effect intervention on every equipment are monitored and accounted for and analysis of their usage are used to determine when an equipment is due for replacement.
• Conversion of existing systems to Y2K compliant for OANDO PLC. Conversion of all existing in-house built software were converted to Y2K compliant.
• Training of staff on Visual Cobol and Visual Basic for OANDO PLC. All IT staff were trained and guided to use Micro Focus Visual Cobol and Visual Basic programming languages.
• Integration of existing systems with SOLOMON IV accounting software for OANDO PLC. All in-house software and proprietary software were integrated with SOLOMON IV accounting package.
• Implementation of SAGE Accounting package for Ronbay Hospital. This requires creating charts of accounts to implement account payables account receivables, general ledger, payroll, balance sheet and financial statements.
• Implementation of PEACHTREE Accounting Package for Olokonla Private Hospital. This requires creating charts of accounts to implement account payables account receivables, general ledger, payroll, balance sheet and financial statements.
Software Development Manager, 1989 – 1994
First City Monument Bank Plc, Tinubu, Lagos
• Implementation of Kapiti International Banking software. As software team manager, I worked on the gathering of user requirements to be implemented on Kapiti International banking software and coordinated the programming staff to provide necessary assistance to the IT project manager. I agreed on what to be delivered by the software in terms of features and quality requirement and ensure that the right product were delivered. I also capture all project issues and report them to the IT project manager.
• Managing IT infrastructure. I ensured that the right equipment and software were acquired for the right price and the Service Level Agreement (SLA) for software updates and hardware maintenance were implemented to the letter. I also ensured compliance with the IT policies of the organization on infrastructure usage, privacy of information, purchases of turn-key software, hardware, and stationery, and documentation of in-house software design, programming, and implementation.
• Performing bank wide trainings. I initiate training of staff on any new IT infrastructure. I search for relevant trainings and skills development programmes for all IT staff and recommend anyone that needs any form of such trainings or skills acquisition.
• IT Budgeting. I contribute to IT budget estimates of the IT department and ensure that all purchases are within the limits of approved estimates.
• Maintenance of Existing DIGIbanking software. I lead other staff to maintain the bank existing software by generating necessary strategic management information reports for decision making.
Consultant, 1988 – 1989
B-S Computer Services Ltd, Ebute-Meta, Lagos
• Conversion of human resources software for TOTAL NIG PLC. I singlehandedly converted payroll and personnel management system for this oil marketing company. The software covers salaries and emoluments for different categories of staff: full-time, part-time, daily paid, weekly paid expatriate with dual currency payment, and management. It also covers leave schedule, training by staff, pension, and retirement benefits etcetera.
• Development of sales software for FORTE PLC. The software managed the sales functions from when a product is ordered and sold to dealers to when sales invoices were issued and paid for.
• Development of warehouse software for NAOC. The software used to capture all warehouse components, parts, and equipment for maintenance. Components and parts used to effect intervention on every equipment are monitored and accounted for and analysis of their usage were used to determine when an equipment is due for replacement.
• Development of Treasury software for UBA Trustees Ltd. The treasury application involved management of investment portfolios including term deposit, call deposit, inter-bank placement, shares, debenture, bonds, notes, options, warrants, and mutual trust fund, tier interest calculation.
Senior Programmer 1987 – 1988
International Management Systems Ltd, Marina, Lagos
• Conversion of human resources software for FUGEROLL NIG LTD. I singlehandedly converted payroll and personnel management system for this construction firm. The software covers wages for different categories of staff: full-time, part-time, daily paid, weekly paid expatriate with dual currency payment, and management. It also covers leave schedule, training etcetera.
• Participated in the development of DIGI Banking software FCMB PLC. This banking software was a product of a foreign company the source of which we adapt to the Nigerian banking system. I participated in the implementation and tailoring substantial part of it for First City Monument bank Plc. The part I handled were treasury applications involving management of investment portfolio and foreign exchange transaction which involved opening of letter of credit, and issuing of basic travelling allowance, bureau de change.
• Running of Payroll for Clients. My company maintained a clientele that subscribed to our pay per use payroll. At the end of the month we run the payroll software for them on pay as you use basis. This service required us to make necessary monthly transactions for new and existing staff, generate individual pay slip and bank statements. We generate all necessary reports, backup the client information, and bill them for the use our software and storage of their data based on the number of staff processed