Abasietem e. james
185 ademola adetokumbo crescent, wuse 2, abuja, nigeria.
a hardworking, skilled and qualified nigerian lawyer focused on furthering her education and also, acquiring more skills and work experience.
communication skills, team work, problem solving, honesty & integrity, leadership skills, patience & reliability, imaginative and critical thinking, listening skills, attention to details, research skills, handling conflicts, organization skills, time management skills, flexibility, creativity, positive attitude and willingness to learn.
nysc corper, udeogu obinna & co, utako, abuja, nigeria.
january 2020 – november 2020
i was posted here for the one year compulsory national youth service corps (nysc) program in nigeria. my tasks involved:
• registering companies and business names.
• preparing legal briefs.
• carrying out legal research and drafting.
• representing clients in court.
• sorting out client files, printing and scanning legal documents alongside other administrative and management functions related to the practice of law.
law extern, punuka attorneys & solicitors, abuja, nigeria.
may 2019 - july 2019
• engaged in law debates.
• learnt how to move a motion and accompanied the lawyers to court for cases.
• prepared affidavits and legal opinions, drafted (letters, will, search warrants, summons, memorandum and articles of association, etc.) and carried out legal research.
law extern, fct high court 6 jabi, abuja, nigeria april 2019 – may 2019
• learnt a lot on pleadings, preliminary objections, charges, wills, divorce proceedings, motions, deeds demurrers, subpoenas, prerogative orders, etc.
• witnessed all court proceedings in person; from when cases were called from the cause list till when judgments were delivered.
• paid visits to the abuja geographical information system (agis), corporate affairs commission (cac) and the probate & wills unit.
usher & children worker, rccg, norwich, united kingdom
january 2017 – june 2018
• welcomed and ushered people into the church.
• rendered my assistance when needed and made new comers feel at home by getting to know them and offering them welcome packages and food after the services.
• taught the children, watched over them and kept them preoccupied with tasks like colouring, drawing and writing.
• helped with the church’s publicity.
care home worker, dell rose court, norwich, u.k august 2017 – september 2017
• assisted the elderly in carrying out their daily tasks like taking a shower, laying their beds, doing their laundry and cooking their meals
• administered their medications to them at prescribed times.
• provided them with the best of care and ensured that they were always comfortable.
law intern, akpadiaha & sons chambers, eket, nigeria
january 2015 – february 2015
• worked with senior lawyers to gain more practical knowledge of the legal field.
• observed how lawyers carried out research work and liaised with their clients.
• assisted with minor administrative tasks such as sorting client files.
november 2019: nigerian law school, abuja, nigeria.
b.l, got called to the nigerian bar.
june 2018: university of east anglia, norwich, united kingdom.
bachelor of law (llb), graduating grade: (2:2)
july 2015: westerfield college, lagos, nigeria.
international foundation programme (law), cumulative gpa: 3.62
june 2014: topfaith international secondary school, akwa ibom, nigeria.
west african senior school certificate examinations
achieved grades a - c in all the subjects, including english language, government and mathematics.
achievements and interests
i was appointed assistant library prefect in my secondary school.
i won the essay writing competition hosted by the chairman of my secondary school for three consecutive years.
i was selected to be a student buddy to some new students at my university. my duties were; to be friendly with them, help them get acquainted with the school and assist them when necessary.
my interests include helping people, travelling, learning new skills, running, making friends, trying new things, reading novels, and listening to music